Re: City is not processing. Rollback or abandon. Rollback fails.

by davej42

Original Post

★★ Novice

It's sad to see how large this thread has gotten with people with this problem and that the ones responsible for it just sit by and watch us ants complain.

EA should know better and give us a heads up that they are fixing it or something.

I too have had this happend now 3x with different city's, even on 2 different servers.

But the one from last night was just the drop that tilted the bucket!

My city was finally growing potentially great.

I had an income that varied per hours of -3k to positive 5k, but my bank account kept growing, it was well over 900k ((mining for coal and ore is really a wonderful thing), when i crashed back to the menu with this idiotic message that my city was unable to load.

My population was at 328k, and my university had finally tought 4500 people for upgrade tech lvl 5.

My fire's were finally under control, my crime spree was no longer and my sickness coverage was still being worked on.

All and all it was running good, and then this.

Previous times it also happened when things were running good... it's like they know, and some **bleep** is watching waiting to push a button to f*ck it all up!

Come on EA! Fix this **bleep**!

After tons of great games with not even 1/10th of the complains you gotten from SC sofar, put on some gloves damned and do something about it!!

Message 211 of 236 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't get the rollback option at all, SimCity just crashed to the desktop and now my city is inaccessible.

city: PetroCity

region: joinhere

server: Oceanic 1

Mayor: MajorEvent

Message 212 of 236 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

majinsensei says:

>>i am experiencing this too, first on eur east 3 and now on eur west 6, both when i hit 100k pop

That's interesting because I was also near 100K population when my city corrupted.

city: PetroCity

region: joinhere

server: Oceanic 1

Mayor: Majorevent

Message 213 of 236 (477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this very same problem, but I can see we are not going to get any support here on this.  Love the game but would appear the correct course of action here is forceing a Refund. They need to give us our stand alone verson of Simcity.  Getting in  Bed with EA WAs a HUge mistake on Maxis's part.

Message 214 of 236 (473 Views)

★★ Novice

Has happened to me on both Oceanic Servers. I have lost all my cities that I have spent a long time on.

Message 215 of 236 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you want to play the game and you are playing single player you could try the stay off line hack that is out there. Just do a Google search and you will find it. I am using it and it works. You still have to have a network connection but it saves a local copy and updates the servers when you connect. I have had it save 1 city so far.

It proves the game will run offline as well.

Message 216 of 236 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

suppose Ill add my experiences to the pile. trying to be patient but its hella frustrating to play for hours and lose ALL of that hard work. is it absolute neccessary to not have some sort of local save/backup/rollback whatever? this game is unplayable for me because im too afraid of losing more progress. please fix this.

Message 217 of 236 (441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

city: Tech City

region: XMS Round 1

server: Europe East 4

Mayor: whizqjkid

unable to load city, no rollback option

Message 218 of 236 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

Omg been 5 days now and I don;t have much time left to play this game... next tim make sure the game is finished instead of selling a broken game for 60 bucks.. 

fix it

Message 219 of 236 (420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very similar issue. I had three cities running together on a PRIVATE region (Cape Trinity). For a while all three were working together nicely. Then one day Norwich Hills stopped processing properly and had to be rolled back or abandoned. I tried rolling it back and each time I did it would tell me I was having a processing error and then tell me to rollback again. I was stuck in an infinite rollback loop. It was quite discouraging. I feel like spending so much money on a game that is so glitchy is extremely disappointing. I will probably not be buying from EA/Maxis in the future despite being a loyal Maxis fan from 1997 on...

Message 220 of 236 (416 Views)