Re: City is not processing. Rollback or abandon. Rollback fails.

by davej42

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Maaaaaan, Im usually a very patient person but this game...
Is so bloody infuriating!!!

From the offset, the server problems, ingame problems, customer support problems
have plagued this game.  A LOT of angry customers, me included, who paid over the odds 
for a game that is undoubtedly "broken" on release, a LOT of justifiably angry customers.
I myself have experienced a range of issues, from mouse pointer inactivity to.. Now this is priceless... 
Entire cities being unable to be processed, resulting in rollbacks, that....
Delete entire cities

Come on!!!

I don't mind paying an exceptionally high price for a game that actually works

I've always been a BIG fan of SimCity...

I can look over the horizon and forgive the tiny map sizes with very little variation

I'm not a greedy person so I can quite happily and efficiently utilize the sparse resources

whilst taking up great swathes of land with "clean energy" technologies.

I can grit my teeth and bare the cheap Sat-Nav traffic direction and  congestion AI

I can happily juggle resources between city zones even when random glitches try and deter me

BUT... Now this game is time consuming.. and after spending hours and hours
working towards the objective of the game, to have efficient, productive, money generating cities...
all trading their unique commodies for the benefit of the developing metropolis
A landscape of cities you can finally sit back and think to yourself...

yesssssssssssssss Things are going perfect!!!

Only then to get the
"City is not processing Roll back or abandon"

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO0000000ooooooo

Come on, Sort it ! This is ridiculous ! I think your company would be 1st to agree time is money

and I've wasted way to much of both on this Sim(ply Defective)City game 

Message 201 of 236 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

Flush dns works for me! Worth a try.

Run, CMD, ipconfig /flushdns, PLAY!

Message 202 of 236 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hope it continues to work. Please pass along in s few days.

Also on one of the other threads they have finely sent the info to EA for a fix. Only took a month and 30,000 angry customers. The poor ratings on the gamer rating sites and all the bad reports are likely affecting the upcoming Mac release.

Message 203 of 236 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

By the way you can download the debug code and run the game offline.

Message 204 of 236 (500 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I just stumbled onto a way to keep your city’s after a crash.

I was just playing in sandbox mode as I have been for the last week or so due to all the rollbacks. Well after the last two upgrades (downgrades is more like it)  they sent us I have been getting the rollbacks as always but I now have an issue with the game just dropping out back to the main menu. Also I am always getting the not updating server message. So today I found and loaded the stay off line hack that is out there.

I ran the offline mode and started to play. I was playing and had built a city up quite a bit and the game dropped back to the main menu. When I went back in my city was back to before I had built it. So I went to another city without doing anything to it. When I looked back at the city from region view I noticed the city was back like before the crash out. So I loaded it back and it was all there.

I propose that the offline mode had updated the less than stellar server’s with the updated data like it is supposed to do and I was back to pre-crash.

Here is where to get it if you want to try it. http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1abddh/bagoftrix_version_3_added_unlimited_offline_timer/

Message 205 of 236 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

If I don't get a legit offline version in the next week, I am literally NEVER buying an EA game again. I love video games, but I hate getting ripped off of my hard-earned money even more. These errors were completely avoidable and came from decisions made by executives at EA to try to make SimCity "unpirateable." In so doing, they also made it "unplayable." Good move EA. Eliminate all of your paying customers in order to save some money from lost sales from those that would not have bought the game anyways.

Message 206 of 236 (451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems if you close out the game and origin completely for about 10 or 15 minutes your game comes back.  I found this out while calling my credit card company to have them pull this game charge.  I will never buy an EA PC game again.

Message 207 of 236 (444 Views)

★★ Novice

I wouldn't even mind if the whole city vanished and I had to start from scratch.  But the city can't be loaded.  The program freezes in the loading process and I have to shoot it down.  When I go into another city the region there is no skyline of the unplayable city on the horizon.  In a previous region I was able to get a city back by abandoning it, then going into another city in the region, then seeing, to my surprise, that the skyline was back, and reclaiming the abandoned city.

But this time when I do that, while the skyline does, indeed, reappear after abandonment, when I try to reclaim the malfunctioning city the entire game crashes and I get the message "SimCity (TM) has stopped working."

So that now means the region is down one city that can never be gotten back.  I can't even erase it and start from scratch any more.  There is a resource-hogging, unplayable city in my permanently scarred region that won't be able to contribute to Great Works projects and nothing.

I can forgive everything but not that.  Until this problem is solved I've stopped playing, because what's the point?  Why would I want to build city after city in a region if even half of them inevitably turn into a black hole at some point past 150,000 residents?  It's unacceptable.  And statistically it's more than half the cities to which that happens.

Message 208 of 236 (376 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem.  Mine seem to die any time after 100K pop.  I noticed random buildings start flickering.  Then, boom, sooner or later, my city gets nuked by EA, never to be seen again.

Message 209 of 236 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Anyone can tell me how to fix it
Message 210 of 236 (364 Views)