Re: [Cities of Tomorrow] Can't replace Academy once destroyed.

by Bradman722

Original Post

[Cities of Tomorrow] Can't replace Academy once destroyed.

★★★★ Apprentice

The title says it all.

When playing on sandbox mode, I didn't like my city. The result was me bulldozing my entire city and rebuilding. I went to the Academy tab for city specialization, and it says "limit reached".

Anyone have any idea what happened?

P.S. My MegaTowers are also making a profit, but I bulldozed all of them.

Message 1 of 4 (627 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Have very similar issue. I rebuilt my city and tried to add Academy. Main building appeared (it had been fully upgraded), but all additional modules are blocked. It seems like I need to make research again, but almost all of them are finished.

Please help Frown(

Screenshot

Message 2 of 4 (606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well Vertcha, it is four years later (2017) from your post and I am having the same issue. I have the Academy in my city all upgraded and fully researched and I cannot place an Annex module because the modules say "Not Approved - Research Academy Upgrade". I have tried blowing it up multiple times. I have tried waiting until it was fully staffed by $, $$, and $$$. I have tried searching online for hours for a fix. I have tried switching between cities, closing and starting the game and even rebooting. I have even went as far as wiping out and formatting my computer and reinstalling SimCity.

Moral of the story: It ain't ever getting fixed.

Keywords: Academy Annex Not Approved Research Academy Upgrade

Message 3 of 4 (582 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Maybe SimCityRecovery.exe will help? Default location is under your Program Files - \Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery. If that doesn't work, and repairing game files doesn't work, then I agree - it ain't never getting fixed. This game has not been updated or patched in what? - Three years? It is what it is, unfortunately. 

Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)