Re: Cannot stop sending OIL to the Great Works.

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Cannot stop sending OIL to the Great Works.

★★★ Newbie

I am building an International Airport in the area. I configured several cities to send OIL. The OIL limit has been reach, however, for one of the cities I can not turn off sending oil, so the city still sends oil even though great works no longer need it.  When I click on that specific great works I still see three lines coming from the city to the great works and there is no ON/OFF button for the OIL. See attached photo. 

I have no idea how to stop it. Looks like a bug to me. Any ideas on how to stop it?

Message 1 of 2 (435 Views)

Re: Cannot stop sending OIL to the Great Works.

Hero (Retired)

Hi @ReggyD777 - It sometimes takes a bit for the synchronization to catch up on each of the cities. Since you don't have an On/Off button, pretty sure that means there's nothing to turn on or off, it just hasn't completed the synchronization to say it's full yet. I think the 3 lines are probably one for each of the resources, but they look greyed out, like the city isn't currently sending anything. You should be able to tell by hovering your cursor over the arrows - it should pop up a box that says "sending X to Great Works" or something similar. 

If you really want to make sure no more resources are sent, you could always turn all your storage to "export" or turn off the buildings for a while. But I don't think it's necessary, the resource sending will eventually synch and then it will "finalize" and you won't be sending any more resources.

The only real bug with Great Works - and it's a big one - is that you need to only click the "Build" button from one city. You need to wait for the synchronization on the other cities. If you click to Build the GW from one city, and you want to send resources from other cities, load each of the others and let them run for a bit. Once they synch, the messages for building will come up and then you can go to the region view and send resources. If you only build from one city, then when you load the others just wait for it to synch and it will go through all the messages and prompts about building the GW. 

In all cases, don't click anything else once it's built - let the city run until you get the ribbon-cutting ceremony button on each city. Then you click that button and the completed GW appears. Hope this helps

Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (404 Views)