by MCboosters

Original Post

Cannot Claim Cities Simcity

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hi community,

can someone help me,

i have an problem by claiming city's.

as i do claim it says: "could not claim city" and "this region is either private (by invite only) or this city has already claimed.

but my 2 friends and i have origin acces and we have every DLC downloaded for SIMCITY.

and my friends don't have this problem.

pictures are in Netherlands

i hope you can help me,

greetings, 

MCboosters

Message 1 of 4 (609 Views)

Re: Cannot Claim Cities Simcity

Hero (Retired)

If it's a private region, they will have to invite you to the region before you can claim a city. (even if you are already friends in Origin)

According to EA, your friend should go to the Play menu, open the Resume tab, click on the Region and click "Invite Friends" to invite you. Once you're invited, you need to go to the "Games Invites" on the main menu, click on the invite, and join the region from there. Then you should be able to claim a city. 

Message 2 of 4 (580 Views)

★ Novice
I have already in this region 1 city claimed
Message 3 of 4 (564 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am sorry, I did quite a few searches trying to find an answer for you. There are many reports of the problem, but I only found a couple of "solutions".

In this post, someone says this worked for them:

• Unfriend the region owner in Origin
  • Claim the city
  • Add the region owner back to your friend's list

Back at game launch@MaxisBazajaytee said that the owner of a private region should be able to claim multiple cities and the invited players get one city plot each. Since that was back in 2013, I'm not sure that's really the case. Most of the posts I've seen, the invited players can claim two plots each, and then run into problems. 

@MaxisBazajaytee - can you help @MCboosters? Is this working as designed?

Message 4 of 4 (555 Views)