Re: Can't play SimCity - city won't load, hangs in load screen

by Blackbelttx16

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Specialk916 wrote:

This is a temporary fix for sim city and the sims for me. Go to Origin, right click the game, click game properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin in Game for this game". I also put origin in offline mode, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but in Origin click "Origin" at the top left of the Origin app, then click "Go Offline". Both games work fine for me now.

This works, thank you

Message 21 of 29 (3,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Having said that, and you indicated you have contacted Tech support, then what's next? Do we demand a refund? I spoke yesterday with a "tech support" person. East Indian. Could not understand him. Likely makes $.50 CENTS an hour. Extremely difficult to actually speak with anyone. Damn!
Message 22 of 29 (3,018 Views)

★ Novice

PERFECT! THX that work for me!

Message 23 of 29 (2,614 Views)

★★ Novice
SAME HERE!

Im working on uninstalling through origin, resetting my computer and reinstalling it. Ill check back in when im done and see if it loads.
Message 24 of 29 (2,150 Views)

★★ Novice
If your game is installed through orgin click on the gear icon when viewing the game in your library and select uninstall. It will quickly delete it and keep your saved games, which btw yiu might want to backup, them reinstall it. Im doing that right now.
Message 25 of 29 (2,150 Views)

★★ Novice
I got mine fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game through Origin.
Message 26 of 29 (2,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here's a fix that worked for me. I clicked on Play instead of Resume and the first choice on the games to join was my original map so I clicked it and chose my old city and it asked me if I wanted to Dump it or Re(...) (something that meant restore to the previous stable game). So I did and it opened to where I left off Standard smile

Message 27 of 29 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its 2020 and this isn't fixed

Message 28 of 29 (857 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Henno21 - Need more information in order to help you. Are you experiencing the same issue as the first post? This thread started in 2013, and generally had server issues related to the game launch. It's more likely that you have a different issue. 

If you're trying to play SimCity 2013 on a PC, please see this stickied post for troubleshooting steps: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/PC-SimCity-hangs-or-won-t-launch-on-Windows-10/m-p/6844830#M1...

If you're using a Mac running MacOS Catalina 10.15 or later, please see this stickied post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-SimCity-and-MacOS-Catalina/m-p/8298578#M127940

If you've tried the above troubleshooting and are still experiencing issues, please make a new thread detailing what is happening. Include info about your computer and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Are you playing on Mac or PC? Which operating system are you using (Windows 10, MacOS Catalina, etc)? When does the game stall - trying to install, when you click the play button, or not until you try to create or load a city? 

Thanks, and here's to Happy Building!

Message 29 of 29 (851 Views)