Re: simcity install get this: Error: 327683:0 or ....:1 and :2 to :3 ...

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Can't install SimCity Complete Edition on Windows 8. Error: 327683:0

★ Novice

I've 100% downloaded SimCity Complete Edition but when I start to install it, it immediately stops due to "an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327683:0". Can someone please help me solve this? Otherwise I can't even start playing the game

Message 1 of 6 (1,221 Views)

Re: Can't install SimCity Complete Edition on Windows 8. Error: 327683:0

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Reptiles1341 - Nothing more frustrating than an "unexpected error" and no other information. Usually, this means that something is blocking the program from executing. First, always run installation files "As Administrator". 

Check the following - looks like a lot, but they're really pretty quick and can probably get you running SimCity.

Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and Windows OS are patched and updated to newest versions
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator" 
Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.

If you still get an error when trying to launch:
Copy Update Files to SimCity folder. Go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\UpdatedApp Select all files (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C). Go to \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity and paste (Ctrl-V). Choose to overwrite any files that already exist.
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode
Monitor Settings - SimCity does not work with dual monitors, so set it to use one only. Also, no higher than 1080p resolution (no 4k)

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report. How to Dxdiag

Message 2 of 6 (1,212 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have my firewall on, i think my graphics drivers & windows OS are updated (not sure), I am running Origin as administrator (can't do it for SimCity as it isn't installed) and I don't think I have Nahimic 2.

Tried to look for the SimCityUserData file but it does not exist, probably because SimCity is not installed but idk

Message 3 of 6 (1,204 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Reptiles1341  - This error is almost always due to antivirus software blocking. Try rebooting your computer, then turn off your antivirus while you install the game. Remember to run all installation files "as Administrator". If Origin needs to be updated, do that first.

If this doesn't work, try a Clean Boot and attempt to install SimCity again. If it launches, you'll have some detective work to do. Enable one startup program at a time, reboot, try SimCity, until you find the program that is blocking it. Once you find the offending program, disable or uninstall it. You should be able to launch SimCity successfully without doing the clean boot after disabling the offending program.

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report. How to Dxdiag

Message 4 of 6 (1,182 Views)

simcity install get this: Error: 327683:0 or ....:1 and :2 to :3 ...

★★ Novice

Hello i get some error like this:

An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327683:0 and to this: ...0:1-2-3 
Anyone can help me with is it? 
I run as admin i reinstall origin + game many times.
No one video help for it.
And i want play with my friend simcity and wont waste my money..................
Please help it if u can...
DirectX is okay .NET to...
so idk what is problem....

Message 5 of 6 (1,058 Views)

Re: simcity install get this: Error: 327683:0 or ....:1 and :2 to :3 ...

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Hakai913 - Make sure Origin.exe and SimCity.exe are added to your antivirus and firewall exception lists. Set them both to run "As Administrator".

Then try clearing Origin cache: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Turn your router off and back on, then try to install SimCity again

Let us know if this works. If not reply back with any error messages and attach a copy of your dxdiag: [How To] Dxdiag - Answer HQ

Message 6 of 6 (1,046 Views)