Re: Can't Login to play. Says Account Invaild

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Can't Login to play. Says Account Invaild

★ Novice

Hello,

So I have been jumping through stress holes after stress holes. I made an EA origins account on my PC and saw that my Xbox account was there but not my PSN accounts. I have got in touch with a few adivsors. But nothing really happened. I found out it was an old email because of Ubisoft uplay had a different email. Low and behold i got into the account my PSN account was login into with. I no longer use that email and was surpised that it was still active. I then made a case asking for them to delete that account so I can then have my PSN ID linked to my new account. Gave it a few days and went to play Apex Legends... and told me my account is invaild which in my eyes was great let me login to my new EA account. But theres no way to login. I have been trying for about a week. To get ahold of someone so my PS4 account can be linked to my EA account. Only to find out that i can still login to a "deleted" account on the help.ea.com website. I am tired of this I need help and I have given up if EA can't help me with this then I am no longer buying anything else with the EA logo on it. I just want to play with my friends. I feel like crying because of how this system is. I have to have someone else do something to my account. Please EA you can come back from this. Let your consumers and customers have more control with their account. 

Message 1 of 2 (388 Views)

Re: Can't Login to play. Says Account Invaild

Hero (Retired)

Hi @I_am_Britoska - I am sorry you are having so many problems with your EA account. I am just a user like you, so I can't do much more than point you to places where you can hopefully get the proper help you need. 

I did some searching and found this help page with information about linking your accounts. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/#li... On this page, it says that you can't unlink your gamer tag, but you can switch the email addresses so that you're logging in with the same one on all accounts.

It looks like you should follow the instructions under "I think I linked to the wrong EA account", and change the email address associated with your account. According to the instructions on that page:

Spoiler

Did you accidentally make a new account with your main email address? You can swap your email address to the EA Account you have that has all of your games on it.

1. Create a new email address. You’ll use this to free up your main email address from the new EA account you created.
    • You can make the email whatever you’d like. It’s just going to be a placeholder so that you can use it to free up your email for your main account. For example, [edit: email address removed].
    • Have another email already? You can use that one instead.
  2. Log in to the new, accidental EA Account you made with your main email address linked to it.
    • That means if your main email address is [edit: email address removed], use that one to log in.
  3. Change the email address to the new email you created ([edit: email address removed]).
  4. Now log in to your main EA Account and change the email to your main one.
    • That means log into the account with your games on it. The email on that account will probably be something old or one that you don’t use anymore. Then, change the email to be [edit: email address removed]!

Once you’ve updated your email address, we’ll send you an email asking you to verify it. Click the link in the email to verify that you made the change.

Now you should be good to go. Just log in with your main email the next time you use Origin!

To try to make it easier, you're basically updating your old account (the one with the games on it) and just changing the email to the email you use with the PS4 account. Go to https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index? 

I hope this helps and can get you back to playing with your friends. If you need more help than this, you will likely need to talk to a game advisor again. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ and choose "Origin" then follow the prompts.

I know it feels like it's a big hassle, but remember that it has to be a big hassle because you don't want it to be too easy for someone else to hack your account. 

Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)