Can omegaco replacement some industry area ?

by cnchalie

Original Post

Can omegaco replacement some industry area ?

★★★ Newbie

My city not enough industry area, Commercial zone can't sell product, Can I replacement omegaco on industry area ? Becase i don't have space for add industry area...

sorry for my bad english

Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

Re: Freight vs Commercial demand

★★★★★ Novice

My exact issue. I cannot seem to balance the math. Same with criminals....

Message 1 of 4 (489 Views)

Re: Can omegaco replacement some industry area ?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @cnchalie - Omegaco changes the industrial buildings that are there, so you can use it but it probably won't help your problem.

If you think you need more Industrial because your Commercial is complaining that they don't have freight, here are a few tips:

1. Delete the freight warehouses from any trade depots or ports. Click on the trade depot, choose edit, highlight the freight storage and delete. Freight warehouses take the freight away from Commercial. Only use them if you have too much Industrial
  2. Try rezoning your Commercial into Residential or Industrial instead. Not enough Industrial could just mean you have too much Commercial. To balance RCI (Residential - Commercial - Industrial), try for about 3:1:1 RCI. This means have about the same amount of Commercial and Industrial zones, and about three times as much Residential. 
  3. Make your Commercial buildings happy without Industry. Watch Skye Storme's 60 second tip about this

If your data tabs show that you have enough Industry but your Commercial is complaining that they have no freight, the problem could be traffic issues instead. There are a few good threads and help on traffic issues. Try some of the tips from this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Traffic-Solutions-please/m-p/7160232#M127154

Finally, if you're getting messages that you need more Industrial from residents' thought bubbles and advisors  - you can safely ignore them, as long as you don't see any other problems. Check your data maps and tabs and balance from those instead.

I hope this helps your issue. SimCity is fun and challenging, it takes a while to get your city to run the way you'd like. Happy Building!

Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

Re: Freight vs Commercial demand

Hero (Retired)

Hi @iamsamoth - I moved your message to this thread, as the place you posted was from 2014 and was referencing a bug that has been patched since then. Please try the tips I posted here and let us know if you'd like more info or help. ( I also highly recommend Skye Storme's 60 second tips videos for quick, helpful info about a lot of different things )

Happy Building!

Message 4 of 4 (451 Views)