Re: Can not add computer assemply line in some cities

by Exsosus

Original Post

Can not add computer assemply line in some cities

★★ Novice

I have a city that produces a lot of computers and TVs. The electronic HQ is on completely upgraded.

In that region I can build comsumer eletronics factories in other cities as well even if there is no electronic HQ. But in those cities I can not add the computer assembly lines. I can build 4 tv assembly lines, but when I try to add the computer assembly line there is a missing requirement stating something like "you need to research computer assembly lines in your electronic HQ".

Is there a reason for this? Or a workaround?

Message 1 of 6 (1,894 Views)

★★ Novice

Really? No answer or help?

Message 2 of 6 (1,869 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The obvious work-around is to build the HQ locally. It's not like it's difficult to unlock.

iirc from last time I moved an electronics HQ, your computer plants will keep working without it - so you may be able to deactivate/demolish it after you have everything built.

Message 3 of 6 (1,864 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope. I tried that and it didn't work. At least not with the eletronic HQ.

It might work if you have all the upgrades in that city, too. But you need to sell eletronics for about 5.000.000 a day to do that.

The weird part about this is, that the TV assembly lines are no problem at all. Only computers ...

Message 4 of 6 (1,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you plop the CE division as well? It worked for me last time I had this issue.

Message 5 of 6 (1,854 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, a maxed out leveled Electronics HQ -> Becomes Electronics Incorporated global is required to produce the computers. The first building is necessary for efficient TV production. Hope this helps :-)

Message 6 of 6 (675 Views)