Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Bulldoze and Road downgrade affecting 'Agents'

by Alchemouflage

Original Post

Highlighted

Bulldoze and Road downgrade affecting 'Agents'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm the sort of person who will quite often try out different options in the same city, especially with roads and transit. It might be as simple as downgrading some streetcar Avenues to change paths, or as extreme as bulldozing my entire city back to the highway.

I have noticed that the bulldoze tool and downgrade seriously affect the agents currently using any road that is modified. I am assuming the program deletes the agent and doesn't decrease the count of agents, or the agent becomes trapped in a node while set to active. I don't have access to the internals to see exactly what the issue is. I have a city with no streetcars circulating with 3 maxed stations, no buses with both a maxed depot and terminal and I'm pretty sure my emergency service vehicles are reduced in count.

There is really 2 things that need to happen. The bulldoze and streetcar avenue tool procedure calls need to handle this better. There needs to be some sort of node cleanup or re-initialization call routinely, either on log-in or a set day-month time in-game where there is the least traffic. (The clean-up could also include artifacts left by deleted zone buildings, like fences and those industrial bins that mess with ploppables.)

Edit: This also appears to happen with bulldozing buildings that have agents out in the city.

Message 1 of 34 (1,832 Views)

Re: Bulldoze and Road downgrade affecting 'Agents'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

-removed-

Message 2 of 34 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Happened to me as well. 

Once I accumulated enough cash, I decided to remodel the city (bulldozed everything) and clear any ground pollution.

After the new city was up and running, I realised I keep getting complains of people dying. Furthermore, they were complaining of high trash amount. All these despite a maxed out clinic and recycling centre & trash centre. 

On closer inspection, the ambulances/recycling vans/garbage vans were not moving out into the cities. Destroying and rebuilding these facilities did not help. 

I later ploped a street car station and maxed out the number of garages. However, only 1 street car was operating. 

Another bug that appeared was that I was having 300K plus of shoppers commuting into my city, despite having only a 10% of that amount in the region.

Message 3 of 34 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

-removed-

Message 4 of 34 (1,707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

More info and a work-around to avoid it here:

Phantom Service Vehicles, the How and Why

Message 5 of 34 (1,624 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Seems this was reported back on the 7th already o.O that's almost 2 weeks on a gamebreaking bug

Earlier thread

Message 6 of 34 (1,575 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wouldn't it be great if there was a place to get answers for, or at very least recognition of, game-breaking bugs such as this one?

They could call it something like.... Answer HQ.  Yes, that has a nice ring to it.

Maybe someday such a place will exist...

Message 7 of 34 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

-removed-

Message 8 of 34 (1,511 Views)

★★ Guide

@Alchemouflage wrote:

More info and a work-around to avoid it here:

Phantom Service Vehicles, the How and Why

LOL

I love this part of that post you linked: 

(This would explain why it was never picked up during the Beta).

More like, you only let people beta test for one hour at a time.

Message 9 of 34 (1,506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here's a short video I threw together in a hurry for another thread before I knew about this one. It clearly shows the number of police cars, ambulances and garbage trucks being screwed up. My firetruck works, though. During the video I tab out to answer some instant messages and stuff. That's why there are short periods of inactivity on my part.

^

http://www.twitch.tv/carkasjak/b/380183210

Message 10 of 34 (1,500 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help