Re: Bought SimCity 2013(DVD) Form WalMart With No Code and Origin Asks Me For A

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bought SimCity 2013(DVD) Form WalMart With No Code and Origin Asks Me For A Code

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I Bought My SimCity Game From WalMart With No Code. I Thought The DVD would automatically but in the code but no it asks me for a code

Can Some One Help Me?

I Don't Have Proof Of Purchase

The Closest Thing To It Are The Letters In The Disk Case

[Removed by CM]

Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @OakBricks - It's been a very long time since I've installed SimCity from the CD, but the letters in the disk case should be your product code. You need to install and have an account on Origin in order to install SimCity. There have been many updates since the disc - it will actually download the program and not use the CD once you enter the product code. If you'd prefer to install from disc first, and then update the game through Origin, follow these steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/installing-your-game-disc-through-origin-with-a-new-accoun...

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @OakBricks - It's been a very long time since I've installed SimCity from the CD, but the letters in the disk case should be your product code. You need to install and have an account on Origin in order to install SimCity. There have been many updates since the disc - it will actually download the program and not use the CD once you enter the product code. If you'd prefer to install from disc first, and then update the game through Origin, follow these steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/installing-your-game-disc-through-origin-with-a-new-accoun...

Message 2 of 2 (383 Views)