Re: [BUG] Can't claim abandoned city

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

[BUG] Can't claim abandoned city

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, i'm having a issue when i try to claim a abandoned city in multiplayer.

"You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it"

MY GAME VERSION

- SimCity Complete Edition

Anyone can help?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (425 Views)

Re: [BUG] Can't claim abandoned city

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @leissuBR - Unfortunately, this is a big problem with claiming abandoned cities. I feel your pain, but even when you own the complete edition there are some items that other users may own when building their cities, and the game fails to recognize even a city where those items weren't used. 

I wrote a post a while ago asking EA to consider making these items available to players. I doubt it will help, but at least you can see the list of items that may be blocking your ability to claim abandoned cities. Feel free to post or add a "Me Too" here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Request-to-EA-Make-Promo-AddOns-Available/m-p/6652082#M126555

I wish I had a more helpful answer, but the bottom line is that claiming abandoned cities in the game rarely works because of this message. Since SimCity is no longer actively developed, there will be no more patches or fixes for the game. This is one of those things that remain and there's not much us players can do. I hope you can enjoy managing and building your own cities, because claiming abandoned ones doesn't always work. Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (384 Views)