Re: Arcology workers not working, shoppers not shopping, students not studying...

by Amarystae

Original Post

Re: Arcology workers not working, shoppers not shopping, students not studying...

★★★ Apprentice

it takes time for the arcology to relize you have the extra power and water for me it was about 1hr of game play

Message 11 of 19 (2,570 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

humm theory time... maby since it takes so long for your for your greatworks to realize you have power and water. maby it takes just as much time for the worker needs info to get to the great works it that is the case then that may explane things a little. i cant wait till simcity enteres the internet age i.e  instent requestsand information

Message 12 of 19 (2,568 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, that is a pretty decent theory, but unfortunately not a provable one.  There is no special screen in which you have to specifically supply power, water, and workers to your Arcology.  As long as those resources are available in your cities, and of course your cities can actually see the Arcology etc., they will send those resources to the Arcology automatically.  Just ensure that when you click on your power and water plants that the tic box saying "Share this resource" is checked.  

Unfortunately, with as bugged as the Arcology is, it is very likely that this won't happen.  I personally haven't had any trouble with getting power, water, and the 300 workers to the Arcology to get it up and running, but I have had so many other problems with it, it isn't surprising to me in the least that you are having trouble with it.  

My best suggestion for you is to log out, and log back into your city.  Completely log out of SimCity, and then back into your city.  It seems to get really lagged or something, and sometimes this lets it catch up a bit, but this doesn't always fix it either.  Unfortunately, there isn't much control outside of that.  You have to rely on the programming to do the rest, and the scripting is garbage.

Message 13 of 19 (2,555 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. This thread is over a year old and I would like to say that it is still bugged. I recently bought the game and I must say that it isn't working as it should. I built it, it is running "fine" some other cities can't see it, and I have a lot of industries closing down because of it ( I planned on having a lot more jobs to be filled in the city rather than residential). Oh well, It's been a while since EA released this game, and i was planning on buying hte expansion packs but seeing that the ORIGINAL version isn't working correctly I probably won't invest any more money into it. Please fix this EA. this is a GREAT game. Cities are small hoping that we'd construct great works and when we do, they don't work. 

Message 14 of 19 (1,980 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just want to say I am sorry to hear that this garbage software still isn't working.  Get ready for about 6 months of frustration before you give up friend.  There were a ton of us that tried to get EA to care at all about this game, and they just don't.  All they care about is turning out as many expansions and add-ons as they can to cash grab everyone.  The bulk of Simcity fanatics, including myself, gave up around the time of my last post.  We got sick of the run around, being ignored, and then blatantly insulted by EA.  Even so, I am a little surprised they haven't even fixed these bugs by this point...

Message 15 of 19 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I would have hoped that at the very least one of the developers would have been a fanatic him/herself and provided some sort of help or explanation...

Hopefully a group of true developers can clone the game and fix where EA left off. EA just isn't about quality, just that initial purchase and whatever else they can sqeeze out. I just graduated college and have a lot more free time on my hands than I should and I was hoping to revisit my younger years of hours of video games, like Sims and the various sports games EA develops, but seriously if this is how EA treats their games I'm just going to stick to good open-source crowd-sourced games that I know will have continued support.

edit: grammer fix

Message 16 of 19 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Welcome to EA post 2000ish.  They couldn't care less about their customers, and there is a reason they continually get granted the prestigious title of "Worst company in America" over an over again.  Their games are nothing but buggy, frustrating, pathetic cash grabs anymore.  This version of SimCity is the last pre-order, and title in general I have purchased from EA, and probably will be the last period.  Every title that is released from them flops, and is hit with incredible backlash from their customer base.  The ones that aren't 8 or 9 and keep purchasing these titles, anyway. 

If you are still hoping for any glimmer of this game to actually work as intended, check modders forums and offline mode.  Enough people finally just gave up and quit this pile for them to have to put in an offline mode.  Perhaps some modders have actually fixed some things well paid developers couldn't after years. 

Message 17 of 19 (1,918 Views)

Re: Arcology workers not working, shoppers not shopping, students not studying..

★★★★ Novice

I've built 3 or 4 archoligies and it just seems like the only thing they do is overload the train station(s) with workers I don't need.  No tourists or college students - just workers who can't find work and have to leave the city.

Getting rid of the train stations keeps most of them away.  It would be nice to be able to, if all the mayors in the area consent, remove a great work so you're not stuck with it.

Message 18 of 19 (1,886 Views)

Re: Arcology workers not working, shoppers not shopping, students not studying..

★ Novice
I'd like to say it is now FIVE FREAKING YEARS and this is still not fixed. Ea ur a joke and deserve ur worst company award. U don't care about games once u get the sale money.
Message 19 of 19 (1,284 Views)