Additional Service Vehicles?

by alwe15

Original Post

Additional Service Vehicles?

★ Guide

Hi,

I have found that my City contains additional service vehicles from ploppable buildings that I have subsequently removed or have been destroyed.

Specifically, the buildings that have service vehicles that are regularly out and about when the building itself is removed - garbage dump, recycling centre, Police station etc.

Are these vehicles adding to the services provided to my City, or are they just travelling the roads bugging out?

Can I remove them too?

Message 1 of 8 (482 Views)

Re: Additional Service Vehicles?

Hero (Retired)

@alwe15 wrote:

Hi,

I have found that my City contains additional service vehicles from ploppable buildings that I have subsequently removed or have been destroyed.

Specifically, the buildings that have service vehicles that are regularly out and about when the building itself is removed - garbage dump, recycling centre, Police station etc.

Are these vehicles adding to the services provided to my City, or are they just travelling the roads bugging out?

Can I remove them too?

These are probably vehicles that were out of the garage when you demolished the building. Unfortunately, they're doing nothing but clogging up your streets Frown 

I'm not sure this will work, but I think I would track down the offending vehicles and demolish the portion of the road that they're on. Let the game run for a minute or two with the broken connection, then rebuild and see if it gets rid of them. About the only other thing I can think of is to hope they go out to the region and disappear like freight trucks that you need sometimes do lol. 

I'll keep searching in case there's a solution out there for this. In the future, close a service building and wait until you see all the trucks return and enter their garages before demolishing the building. That should prevent the problem in the future.

Happy building!

Message 2 of 8 (461 Views)

★ Guide

I would think you're right - the vehicles are Police, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks and Municipal Buses. All the types of Vehicles that don't necessarily stay at their home building.

I attempted to remove the road, as suggested, but the offending vehicles skip on to the next piece, like the regular traffic does. There were also a few trucks stuck in building car parks and removing the building just forced them on to the road.

@BlackjackWidow wrote:

In the future, close a service building and wait until you see all the trucks return and enter their garages before demolishing the building. That should prevent the problem in the future.

I hadn't thought of that. I suppose once the building is closed, the employees aren't going to work with their employment shut down so will return to the garage and go home? 

Although, I wasn't entirely to blame because just last night a Giant Lizard walked through my Police Station and Municipal Bus Terminal. I now have 6 Police Cars and TWENTY-FOUR!!! Municipal Buses driving around doing nothing. Angry

Message 3 of 8 (450 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Omg, Noooo! Evil rotten lizard lol

I hate that lizard! Fyi, he's going for your garbage dump. Depending on where he spawns, he can destroy half a map on his way. You can sometimes minimize the damage. Next time, if you see him appear, pause the game, and plop a new garbage dump in his path. He will go for the dump closest to him, and at least you won't have pollution due to destroying the dumps along with the other rebuilding. 

I hope your orphaned vehicles get tired of driving around the city and eventually leave. What a pain!

Message 4 of 8 (443 Views)

★ Guide

So do I...in a City that is already plagued badly with traffic!

Message 5 of 8 (432 Views)

Hero (Retired)
A thought - try repairing the game, that might get rid of the orphaned vehicles.

Exit the game, then in Origin, right-click the SimCity icon, choose "Repair".

If that doesn't work, you could try SimCity Recovery - default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery

Run SimCityRecovery.exe "As Administrator" from the file location. Don't try using any menu shortcuts, they point to some online help file that no longer exists.
Message 6 of 8 (423 Views)

★ Guide

I shall try repairing it this evening and let you know the result.

Regarding your alternative solution of SimCity Recovery...will that lose me any of my save data?

Message 7 of 8 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

No, neither will lose any data. Always a good idea to make a copy just in case, though. Make a copy of the Games folder and place it somewhere else, like your desktop, before you run the repairs. Default location is D:\%WindowsUserName%\Documents\SimCity\Games

*edit: if you're playing online, all your save data is on the server so this will probably be empty. Online data is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData - can safely delete this folder and the server will rebuild it on logon.

Message 8 of 8 (407 Views)