Account avatar not showing in multiplayer mode

by 4Maxeron4

Original Post

Account avatar not showing in multiplayer mode

★ Novice

Hello everyone. When I'm going in Offline mode,  avatar showing normally. But Changing to Online, causes blue icon with "?". Tried reinstalling game, changed format, resolution of picture. Choosed one of official origin images. Even changed server from Easern Europe to western, etc. Still same. Can it be sthing with game ports access? Cz I have no idea how to fix it.

Message 1 of 2 (552 Views)

Re: Account avatar not showing in multiplayer mode

Hero (Retired)

Hi @4Maxeron4  - I have seen this problem myself, I'm not certain but I think it is a glitch with the way Origin has redone their account profiles. What I mean is, the avatar that appears in-game seems to somehow be related to your online profile avatar here on the forums and in Origin. Some time ago, they changed the forum profiles. You're not able to use your own pic as your profile avatar anymore, until you reach a certain level. 

Just as an example - my avatar used to show up in-game and here. I created my profile in 2013. Sometime in 2016 I attempted to change my avatar and found that I could only choose from a few of the Origin default ones. As soon as I messed around with that, my avatar in-game went away and I had a default Origin avatar here (until I got "Champion" status and was granted the ability to re-upload my original avatar)

Now that you've created an online profile here, did an avatar show up for you in-game? I guess my advice is to try using the same pic in-game as the one that is on your profile here and see if it will show up.

@EA_Darko  - do you have any input or ideas on this subject? It's been a problem in SimCity and some other games, but I can't find a solution anywhere.

Message 2 of 2 (539 Views)