Re: A-10 7700

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

A-10 7700

★ Novice

Hi

I bought a ZOOSTORM 7200-5140C PC just to play Sim City 2013 bu8t its not meeting the minimum requirements.

The computer processor is 3.40 gigahertz AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
256 kilobyte primary memory cache 4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready Multi-core (2 total) Hyper-threaded (4 total) 

Graphics Card is AMD Radeon(TM) R7

Its has 8 GB ram

Will I have to replace a few parts and if so what would anyone recommend on a tight budget?

Cheers, KD

Message 1 of 7 (491 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As far as I can tell, that computer should easily run SimCity. I have run it on much less computing power. Are you getting an error of some sort? There could be a problem with the game not recognizing the video card, or reading it as one of the older ones. If there is an error, can you click through and play it anyway?

Message 2 of 7 (471 Views)

★ Novice

Hi and thanks for the reply. It does let me get past the not meeting the minimum requirements bit but the quality is atrocious. 

Message 3 of 7 (453 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for more info, @IAMKDFC - Let's try a couple of things to help:

Always run installation files "As Administrator".

SimCity uses DX9; your card comes with DX12, I think, which should be backwards compatible but sometimes doesn't switch as easily as it should. Try running the dxdiag setup from the SimCity installation files. Default location is \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\__Installer\directx\redist Right-click dxsetup.exe, choose "Run as Administrator", agree to the prompts and let it install, even if it says it's already installed.

Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and Windows OS are patched and updated to newest versions. (*Very Important* for Radeon cards in particular, there was an issue with some drivers in 2017/18; find the newest drivers for your card here: https://www.amd.com/en/support 
SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode
Monitor Settings - SimCity does not work with dual monitors, so set it to use one only. Also, no higher than 1080p resolution (no 4k)

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't render properly, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report. How to Dxdiag 

Message 4 of 7 (444 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks very much I will try and get back to you
Message 5 of 7 (433 Views)

★ Novice

Things are definitely looking better and the game is now playable. Thanks so much for your help 

Message 6 of 7 (421 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You're very welcome. Happy building!

Message 7 of 7 (418 Views)