Re: TS-XW Default?

by BadMayh3m

Original Post

TS-XW Default?

★ Apprentice

As I am trying to troubleshoot regarding grip and wheel response, I wonder if my default wheel selection is wrong?

What should TS-XW Thrustmaster default to? TMX? Thrustmaster F1? Sparco?

Message 1 of 7 (2,257 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pointgrinder wrote:

As I am trying to troubleshoot regarding grip and wheel response, I wonder if my default wheel selection is wrong?

What should TS-XW Thrustmaster default to? TMX? Thrustmaster F1? Sparco?

TS-XW in Normal mode spews a load of controller options because basically the game cannot tell what rim you have. What rim do you have? TS-XW Racer is sold with the Sparco and T3PA pedals as a set, or as a servo base.

Use it in Advanced mode and it will detect as TS-XW Advanced.

Basically this is an old bug from F1 2020 because it's the same game and my TS-PC servo does the same.

Message 2 of 7 (2,204 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you talking about this? I am not sure the Thrustmaster wheel that should be selected. See the attached pic. IMG_0644.jpeg

Message 3 of 7 (2,193 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yep. that's what I'm talking about.

On the TS-PC it is exactly the same without putting the F1 rim into Advanced mode. Something which Thrustmaster have made impossible with newer firmwares.

If configured, it can be reset to this confusion by a restart, during gameplay, etc. Basically, you have to change the setting and it will not stay set.

Message 4 of 7 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SteveJackson Excuse me for being not too bright but I've been looking for this thread FOREVER!
How do you put it in advance mode, can it be done on the Xbox?
Message 5 of 7 (1,307 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BadMayh3m wrote:
@SteveJacksonExcuse me for being not too bright but I've been looking for this thread FOREVER!
How do you put it in advance mode, can it be done on the Xbox?

Sadly mate you can’t. Advanced mode is PC only.

Message 6 of 7 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SteveJackson Thanks for your time!
I bought the base and TM open wheel used for a decent price. The only real problem is I cant fine tune wheel rotation as I found out the wheel is not on the LIST.
The TM is just an F1 rim that has the same electronic base as the GTE and 599 it makes no sense it's not compatible at least to me. I remembered this thread and just found it hoping it could help.

Again thanks.
Message 7 of 7 (1,292 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help