Rear stability

by clovis993

Original Post

Rear stability

★★ Apprentice

Hi guys

Any tips for rear stability on hight velocity corner?

I tried everything in Austin, in turns 16-17-18 (long right corner last sector) but my rear suddenly runs away...

it does not always happen, but for example on 10 times (always done in the same way) at least once the rear suddenly runs away.

I tried to change rear suspension from 1 to 4 (more stiffer), i tried to change rear arb from 1 to 4 (more stiffer), i tried to increase rear wing from 28 to 33, but nothing changes. With suspension and arb more stiffer the situation gets worse as well!

What can i change?

Message 1 of 5 (1,455 Views)

Re: Rear stability

Champion (Retired)
Message 2 of 5 (1,408 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ScarDuck14 wrote:
@clovis993Try here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-0GoZEHVFUM

Hi,

I don't like "copy and paste" others setup.I have never been comfortable with the setups copied online. I like to experiment and understand how setups really works and how much a setting affects a certain behavior of the car and where this acts.

I would like to understand in such a way that I can solve the setup problems by myself and directly. 

P.S.  Austin setup in this video is similar to mine (changes some + 1/ -1) and he also has less rear wing, I'd like to understand why he doesn't suffer from the same problem as mine and what change affects what...

Message 3 of 5 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@clovis993Dude completely understandable. setups are a very personal thing. We all have different driving styles which require different setups. I don’t copy and paste those setups either. However I prefer them to the default setups. So I use them as a base then tweak to suit me. If you go to racing sim setups website. There’s a more detailed explanation off the tracks and setups.

Also finding the right camera and controller/wheel settings can really help. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried raising the ride height? Sounds like you might experience the car bottoming out in high load corners.

Message 5 of 5 (1,366 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help