Re: F1 2022 setups...any new parameters for us??

by Alastre

Original Post

F1 2022 setups...any new parameters for us??

★★★★ Apprentice

Aaaaaaand here we go! So...yeah I know game has just been announced etc etc. But I'd like to know if finally with this new era we'll be able to interact with new car parameters in the setup...a true well working ride height (meaning it will affect aero balance and aero load as well), asymmetric suspensios setup, DAMPERS, brake ducts, I-M-O temps for tyres, and if we'll have proper rate units (mm for RH, Newtons for springs and arbs etc) rather than those clicks values... Thanx! 

Message 1 of 15 (12,640 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well taking in count codemasters/ EA are not taking F1 Game as a real simulator it would be very  difficult to see all those parameters appearing

Message 2 of 15 (12,606 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Alastre now that's a recognizable username!

I'm here hoping for an overhaul of the setup menus too, making parameters less opaque.

Specially given the new cars. New handling all around with the shift in downforce generation and lift-to-drag ratios, new tyres, new suspensions. We just had a significant change in setups from 2020 to 2021, with default setups even having "reversed" wings and springs, so a more transparent system with somewhat tangible values would help a lot.

Would love to be able to set different things in the car too. Brake ducts would be neat, engine braking would be really nice, but brake migration would be godly! As in, how the brake balance automatically shifts rearwards as you slow down on a corner and the aero load decreases.

Since F1 2020 this franchise has stellar onboarding and assists to ease neecomers and casuals in. This adaptative AI will probably help a lot if well implemented. So if there's a clear room for improvement, it's on the simulation and realism side of things.

Message 3 of 15 (12,568 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@mariohomoh here you are mate! Nice to see you!

Yeah totally agree! Let's see if new era will bring something good to us too...after all we are not asking for porpoising lol! Just a more reasonable setup panel and small improvements in physics! P. S. A front wing that would generate less downforce than the rear one would be nice as well!
Message 4 of 15 (12,558 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I wonder if they finally make camber values correctly displayed as -3.5 is max and -2.5 is low.)

Message 5 of 15 (12,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I wish that in this game the setting values in the setup screen are clear and do what they're suppose to do. 

Message 6 of 15 (12,520 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hope they also don't have the dumbed down set-up options, it has been going on far too long.

Message 7 of 15 (12,244 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Alastre wrote:

Aaaaaaand here we go! So...yeah I know game has just been announced etc etc. But I'd like to know if finally with this new era we'll be able to interact with new car parameters in the setup...a true well working ride height (meaning it will affect aero balance and aero load as well), asymmetric suspensios setup, DAMPERS, brake ducts, I-M-O temps for tyres, and if we'll have proper rate units (mm for RH, Newtons for springs and arbs etc) rather than those clicks values... Thanx! 

LOL wings 50 50 and same old parameters for other setup settings. Wings 50 50 front and back totally make no sense at all... If there was an Era where we needed more wings and ero settings was just before this one LOL. Most of the downforce is now generated by venturi channels under the body, wings are much less effective.. And they just add 50 and 50..genius! 

Message 8 of 15 (11,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Alastre Sorry, I should have been more professional, therefore I am editing my reply.

I'd like to say that while it seems that expanding setups is a natural thing to do, and I agree, there are a lot of things to consider on a big game like this aimed at a vast variety of different skilled players.

Said so, I am always looking at ways to keep it simple to players that want it simple, but increase the amount of fine details for players that want and deserve more. This year we improved a lot of things, and one of those is the aerodynamic model, therefore we worked hard to have at least this improvement reflect on the setup choices a player can make.

Now that I believe we have a stronger and improved physics model overall, I'd like to work more on fine details for the future, where possible.

Message 9 of 15 (11,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Alastre wrote:
@mariohomoh here you are mate! Nice to see you!

Yeah totally agree! Let's see if new era will bring something good to us too...after all we are not asking for porpoising lol! Just a more reasonable setup panel and small improvements in physics! P. S. A front wing that would generate less downforce than the rear one would be nice as well!

The front wing in game now generates less downforce than the rear wing, but is more efficient than the rear wing. Rear wing generates more downforce than the front, but also generates a lot more drag than the front wing.

I can give you an estimation;

a 50 front wing gives you ~  400 kg of downforce at 300kph.

A 50 rear wing gives you ~ 600 kg of downforce at 300kph.

A 50 front wing gives you ~ 110 kg of resistance at 300kph.

A 50 rear wing gives you ~ 270 kg of resistance at 300kph.

The body and floor give you roughly 2000kg of downforce at 300kph at lowest ride height b4 it stalls a little.

Divide the downforce by the resistance of the wings and you'll see how much more efficient is the front wing compared to the rear wing.

Note: I gave you an approximation of the maximum values, and the function is not linear, meaning the efficiency will always be different at every single setting. 

Message 10 of 15 (11,513 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help