Re: Controller setup help

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

Controller setup help

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Is there any tips/help anyone can give with regards to setups with a pad on no assists. I am finding it very difficult to find a good setup that works on pad. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (2,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Need to post what system your using.

Also would be nice to know which part your looking for.

My ffb settings are 

Calibrations

1 steering deadzone

1 steering saturation

70 throttle linearity

60 brake linearity

Message 2 of 10 (2,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks. 

Think is was more the actual car setup side rather than controller settings. But it's useful to know this thanks

Message 3 of 10 (2,776 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BadMayh3m
I wish I'd found these settings about 2 months ago. Thanks for improving my gameplay considerably.
Why EA/CM don't do guides on this sort of thing is beyond me.
Message 4 of 10 (2,215 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DRudd13 I completely agree. I’ve been gaming for 40 years. And I’m a trained professional driver(not racing) so When it comes to setting up a car I have a good understanding off what type off setup I want for each track. But up until last year when it comes to things like Max wheel rotation in controller settings and FOV I was completely ignorant and only reason I realised how important those settings are. Was i stumbled across a you tube video from Marcel Keifer.

The game comes with hand holding assists so it can be pick up and play. But the developers goal should be to encourage players to not use assists and the best way to do that is in depth description on how to set up the game and then a good car setup guide for each specific track
Message 5 of 10 (2,058 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ScarDuck14
It was only last year I found out about the FOV and steering angle, and it may have been Keifer's video too, but knew they wouldn't work for a controller and found someone else's who also had set-ups for the controller (which I didn't think would be different to a wheel) So my game improved, but a lot of the early videos for this year's game were saying use the same steering angle as last year 280. And it was that which had me thinking I was a bad driver on this year's games. Just wish I hadn't had to trawl through 100's of threads to find it. From what I can see you're more than qualified to do these sort of guides, And they should employ you to do it, even though you have provide the information for free already,

I've been playing football manager every year since 1988. Buy new machines over the years just to follow the franchise and as that has getting more complicated over the years designing tactics (Set-ups) or training the youngsters (R&D) they have released very detailed video's telling you what to do and what to try if it's not working. And feel that has lacked from the f1 games along the way. But hey I have a PS2 in the bedroom just cos I have a lot of late 90s early 00s F1 games for them. Not that it's been used much over the years.
Message 6 of 10 (2,045 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DRudd13 The YouTubers and E-sporters Controller setups videos still all say to reduce max Rotation. Which worked great last year. But this year increasing rotation definitely for me is the way. And although all those guys would run rings round me. They all use steering wheels. So I doubt they have put any time testing controller settings. Where I’ve already put in hundreds on pad I do love playing around with the game settings.

F1 championship edition on ps3 before Codemasters had a awesome car setup program to do during practice sessions so you would get a optimal setup for every track. And it would even tell you as you dial in the setup. That you shouldn’t just accept the fastest setup if doesn’t feel good. And it’s better to pick a slower setup that feels better
Message 7 of 10 (2,030 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ScarDuck14 

Well, all I can say about steering angle is 280 on controller had me ruining tyre's 2 laps early, 360 was better but still a lap early, now using 430 and all seem to be going to the predicted number of laps, and hoping when I start to run practice programs they may even extend to some tracks.

I really can't remember how they used to play, may have to do a few hours a week, just to reacquaint myself with them.20220922_111420.jpg

Message 8 of 10 (2,018 Views)

★★★★ Guide

But these settings are as personal as set up's but its good to know/have a base setting

Message 9 of 10 (2,011 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DRudd13 Biggest plus for me is higher wheel rotation massively helps managing my tyre temps. But yes tyre wear is better but on 50% races you only really have Med/Hard as a viable strategy which makes wear a nonissue. As increased rotation means you can be more aggressive with stick inputs.
Message 10 of 10 (1,988 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help