Clutch Paddles for Race Starts?

by kaijuh1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Clutch Paddles for Race Starts?

★★★★ Novice

Do I need to own a wheel with dual clutch paddles to use it during race starts?

Also, is it possible to use the clutch option with only two paddles? I saw someone said they used their right paddle for clutch but I was confused by that.

I am deciding which wheel to get for my simucube but at first I thought I needed dual clutch but it sounds like I don't need one. I dont have a clutch foot pedal just gas and brake.

It sounds like I could also map the clutch to a button but how would that work?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (1,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Clutch Paddles for Race Starts?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kaijuh1 I dont have clutch paddle on my Fanatec esport F1 wheel, for the race start you just have to maitain upshift paddle and release it when lights off. In the game options you can map the same button for upshift and clutch. ;-)

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,667 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kaijuh1 I dont have clutch paddle on my Fanatec esport F1 wheel, for the race start you just have to maitain upshift paddle and release it when lights off. In the game options you can map the same button for upshift and clutch. ;-)
Message 2 of 4 (1,668 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Juju_59320 thanks, someone mentioned that on another thread so that is what I will do. cheers
Message 3 of 4 (1,659 Views)

★★ Guide
@kaijuh1 analog clutch is unfortunately not supported at the moment. See this thread

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Does-anyone-else-want-a-analog-clutch-in-F1-22/m-p/1164...
Message 4 of 4 (1,582 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help