Accepted Solution

scrabble game interferes with sound playing in other applications

★★★★ Newbie

scrabble game interferes with sound playing in other applications on my ipad

Message 1 of 16 (1,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: scrabble game interferes with sound playing in other applications

★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I have trouble navigating around this site.

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (1,829 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Lesrunner

This post was wrongly placed in the forum for Battlefield 1 which has nothing to do with Scrabble so I've moved it to here, the Scrabble section.

Message 2 of 16 (1,531 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I have trouble navigating around this site.

Message 3 of 16 (1,830 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Lesrunner,

Can you describe exactly what is happening with the game? 

Message 4 of 16 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem also. Using iPhone 5 iOS 10.1.1 and streaming from the Apple music app via Air Play to my network connected audio receiver, when I open a Scrabble game on the phone the music level drops. Close Scrabble, the music level comes back up. Using Scrabble Free 5.15.0.126

Message 5 of 16 (1,503 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

So I open Scrabble on my tablet (using the app "Scrabble for ipad")  and have the volume on the game turned all the way down. Sorry, I don't care for the Scrabble music that comes with the app. Then I decide I want to play my own music, either from iTunes, or streaming from the web on Pandora. When the music starts all is good until I go back to the Scrabble game. When Scrabble wakes up - since it seems to go to sleep every time I go away for a minute - the volume on my music is cut by about half. So I turn the volume up and play my game. I decide to go back to my music to change the station and WHAM!  The music is suddenly way too loud. So I turn it down. Change the music station to something else, maybe check my email. All is good. I go back to my Scrabble game, force it to wake up again, and suddenly I can't hear the music because the volume got turned down. I turn it up and continue playing the game. A vicious cycle! This gets pretty annoying as I frequently pause Scrabble to visit other apps. The problem just started happening a month or so ago, never used to do this!  I tried turning off Bluetooth. Doesn't make any difference. Tried uninstalling the game, reinstalling. No change. Updated my ipad (model # MD330LL/A)  which is operating on IOS 9.3.5, shut down and restarted. No luck. Tried Scrabble Free, same thing happens. I am extremely frustrated with this because I am addicted to Scrabble and play it every day. I am at a loss! HELP!!

Message 6 of 16 (1,499 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I'm surprised to only see one other report on this problem.  Yours is on your iphone, mine on my ipad. Is this an Apple issue?

Message 7 of 16 (1,497 Views)

★★ Novice

It happens on both my kindles and my android phone, I like to listen to music from YouTube and soundcloud but cannot with scrabble open. It will just randomly stop.

Message 8 of 16 (1,479 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your reports everyone. I'll pass your feedback to the studio team.

Message 9 of 16 (1,471 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Thanks for your attention. It's been an annoying glitch.
Message 10 of 16 (1,446 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help