Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why can I not "Create New Game"...

by FormerRBC

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the additional details @FormerRBC. I'm going to investigate further and I'll keep you updated. There are general issues with the Friendlist sometimes not populating correctly. Maybe the issue is lying there.

Message 11 of 16 (210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello EA_ZOE, In an effort to still try making sense of all this I just gathered a series of "print screens" to show you. Please ignore the names of the .jpgs and as you view each file in the order I attached them, please look for what I am referring to in the list below.

#1 - The "advertisement" that led me to download "Facebook Games Arcade" appears on the top right-hand side of the first attachment.

#2 - On my Facebook wall, I clicked on the "games" icon on the left-hand side and found the 4-tab (Find Games, Your Games, Activity, Download Arcade) page which appears on this attachment. I then right-clicked on the "Download Arcade (BETA)" tab and selected "inspect" from the drop down list. Please have a look at the bright red STOP! warning. From a separate tab on my browser, I searched "www.facebook.com/selfxss" and found the following.

#3 -  "Self-xss" is a scam which explains alot of things such as why you are not familiar with it nor am I able to report the app to the developer because a pop-up in EA shows "Sorry, this page does not exist".

Please share your thoughts on this.

Message 12 of 16 (201 Views)

Hi @FormerRBC,

I honestly have no clue. I'll forward the information to the studio. Maybe they can look into the issue further. Thanks for you detailed explanation!

Message 13 of 16 (193 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I do not know what you mean by "studio" and have not heard back from anybody. Does this mean this case file has been dropped? Can a supervisor over there not draw in someone at Facebook to get them involved?

Message 14 of 16 (170 Views)

Hi @FormerRBC,

I was referring to the developers of the game. You will not hear from them directly, unless they need further information. Thank you for your patience while they're investigating.

Message 15 of 16 (165 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO:

- "create new game" with a Facebook friend for a one-on-one.

- "create new game" with up to 3 Facebook friends.

- compare my ELO rating to that of Facebook friends with whom I have been playing daily with for about 3 years.

- compare the amount of BINGOS I have accumulated over the past 3 years to that of my Facebook friends

- compare my HIGHEST WORD SCORE to that of my Facebook friends

I have NOW LOST THE ABILITY TO accept a request to play a new Scrabble game by invitation from a Facebook friend which means I am limited to the following:

1 - "Create New Game" ONLY with random opponents

2 - Continue "rematching" the games I currently have and HOPE AND PRAY NOONE GOES ON VACATION LONGER THAN THE 14 DAYS ALOTTED OR LOSE THE ABILITY TO PLAY ONE-ON-ONE WITH THAT PERSON EVER AGAIN. 

I even tried creating a new Facebook account using a different email address but the same laptop and ALL PROBLEMS ARE EXISTENT. 

It's as if I have been playing SOLITAIRE SCRABBLE for months now since I downloaded "Facebook Arcade (BETA), by Facebook Inc." Can you not put in touch directly with someone at Facebook since even the game developer is not able to resolve this long-standing issue?

Message 16 of 16 (142 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help