Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Unreliable notifications SCRABBLE for Android

by alanjenney

Original Post

Unreliable notifications SCRABBLE for Android

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Since the recent overhaul of the SCRABBLE app for Android, the notifications have been a bit sporadic.  Notifications are switched on, the app is up to date and I am running JellyBean on a Samsung Galaxy S II.

Either

a) no notification appears (despite an opponent having played)

b) a notification only appears when I use the phone (despite an opponent having played some time ago)

c) two notifications appear (for the same opponent having played only one move)

I would just like a notification promptly after an opponent plays a turn.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 1 of 9 (436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is still a problem with the latest update to SCRABBLE, despite me trying uninstalling and re-installing the app, even clearing out the app data before.  

Notifications often only turn up a second or so after I turn the phone screen on.  Sometimes there will be a notification for one game and not another, despite both opponents having played.

Message 2 of 9 (413 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @alanjenney,

Sorry to hear the latest update introduced this issue. Are you primarily using WiFi or a 3G/4G network? Have you noticed any changes when switching for one or the other? Thank you in advance for any additional information/observation you may think of.

Message 3 of 9 (400 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is typicslly when stably connected to my WiFi network at home. Typically, I would play a move, put the phone down for a while, come back to the phone and not see a notification. Then a notification will appear seconds later. Alternatively, I start the app and discover opponents have played without me being told.
Message 4 of 9 (392 Views)

Thanks for your fast response @alanjenney. I'll forward your message to the studio. 

Message 5 of 9 (389 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Any news on this bug?  The lack of reliable notifications is interfering with the smooth to-and-fro of moves with my opponents.  Get this: if it notified promptly, I'd be playing the game much more frequently, and so would my opponents.

Message 6 of 9 (338 Views)

Hi @alanjenney,

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue so far. 

Could you please provide me with the following information:

- The mobile device model

- The OS version

- The name of your ISP and/or carrier

- Your general location (State or country)

I will pass this information to the studio to see if they can reproduce it this way.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 9 (329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's a cherished GT- I9100P Samsung Galaxy S2, running Android 4.1.2

My mobile carrier is Vodafone UK, and my broadband provider is Eclipse Internet (UK), I use a Zyxel router.  The problem manifests itself on either WiFi at home, WiFi HotSpots or on the cellular network.

I use the app in the UK.

Hope this information proves useful and fruitful.

Message 8 of 9 (326 Views)

Cheers @alanjenney, this information will definitely be helpful.

Message 9 of 9 (324 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help