Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble update has eliminated ability to connect with & chat to Origin friends

by wrenbird8

Original Post

Re: Scrabble update has eliminated ability to connect with & chat to Origin

★★ Newbie
@EA_Zoe Hi I don’t even have the Origin Or Facebook login buttons under options.. how do I get these back? Thanks
Message 11 of 14 (694 Views)

★★ Newbie

I agree!  I have been playing with the same,2 people for over 2 years and now I have lost them.....this happened after the upgrade.

Very upsetting to say the least. It's not as enjoyable when you can't chat!

Hope they fix this, but won't hold my breath.

Message 12 of 14 (622 Views)

★★ Newbie

Me too. The Option to log into Origin is gone.  Only Facebook sign-in remains.  I don’t want to join Facebook.  Origin was the way to go for me.  I’m sorry to say that I feel that they are trying to get everyone signed up on to Facebook.  Same thing happened on my Tracfone account.  They want us Tracfone users to join Facebook in order to get necessary information like our balances for Data, Text, and Minutes remaining for phone use, plus service end date.  I refuse to join Facebook, so now I have to deal with the difficult customer service people at Tracfone to get my balances.  It’s a comparable problem with Scrabble in that I feel they want to force everyone to join Facebook.  I think Facebook is a good place to get your identity stolen and  I do not want to join it.  Is my only solution to give up the game I’ve been playing for over 50 years?  Started on the board game way back when.  I will if I have to, but I’d much rather have Origin back to sign in with and allow me to play my beloved game of Scrabble.

FM1831

Message 13 of 14 (617 Views)

★★ Newbie

Me too. I can no longer see or chat with my friends even though everyone is signed up with and logged into EA. This is terrible that Origin has not fixed this in 3 years. I have the paid version on iPhone 7.

Message 14 of 14 (294 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help