Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble update has eliminated ability to connect with & chat to Origin friends

by wrenbird8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Scrabble update has eliminated ability to connect with & chat to Origin friends

★★★★ Newbie

My Scrabble app on my iPad and iPhone have just been updated and now I am unable to see the identities of players, I can no longer invite specific players to play,  and there is no longer an ability to chat.  I have been playing since 2011 and I have accumulated many friends world wide through Origins in this game.  I am now cut off from all of these friends.  This is a disappointing and unfortunate development.  Why has EA taken a game that worked very well and made it worse?  Upgrades should improve on games, not decrease the features and functionality.  This is absurd.

Message 1 of 14 (4,221 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scrabble update has eliminated ability to connect with & chat to Origin

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @wrenbird8,

In order to see your friends and chat with them again you need log into your Facebook and / or Origin account. 

To log in, go to Options and click on the Facebook and / or Origin login buttons and enter your credentials. 

ScrabbleOptionsLogIns.PNG

Here are a few additional details taken from the FAQ:

If my friend is not signed up with Facebook or Origin, can I play them online?
In order to play online against a friend, both players need an ID through either Facebook or Origin

If I am not signed up with Facebook or Origin, can I still play someone online?
You can play random opponents by clicking on the Random Opponent icon at the top of the menu screen. If you want to play with friends, you’ll need to sign in through Facebook or Origin.

Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (4,311 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @wrenbird8,

In order to see your friends and chat with them again you need log into your Facebook and / or Origin account. 

To log in, go to Options and click on the Facebook and / or Origin login buttons and enter your credentials. 

ScrabbleOptionsLogIns.PNG

Here are a few additional details taken from the FAQ:

If my friend is not signed up with Facebook or Origin, can I play them online?
In order to play online against a friend, both players need an ID through either Facebook or Origin

If I am not signed up with Facebook or Origin, can I still play someone online?
You can play random opponents by clicking on the Random Opponent icon at the top of the menu screen. If you want to play with friends, you’ll need to sign in through Facebook or Origin.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 14 (4,312 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Sorry to say but this doesn't help.  Even though I have signed back in to Origin, there is still no way to re-find other players who I have been playing against for a considerable time.  I have heard this (via email) from at least 6 other players.  As you already know, Origins can only locate "friends" from several upgrades ago.  Anyone newer can not be sourced again.  The "improvements" to the Scrabble app are abysmal.  The interface is worse on every front.  It's even more difficult to move tiles/letters smoothly to the board.  Your programmers have ruined the game. I know I am in the majority who feel this way.  Why can't EA reinstate a previous version. 

Message 3 of 14 (4,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA_Zoe - this suggestion does not fix the problem, even logged in correctly to Origin, no friends are shown.

Message 4 of 14 (4,126 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

This is the same for me.  Extremely frustrating.

please update as to resolution that works EA.

Message 5 of 14 (4,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using Scrabble Free on iPad.

I can sign in to Origin but still cannot search for a friend or start a game with a particular Origin user.

Please fix or explain the trick of finding a particular user.

Message 6 of 14 (3,887 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Just adding my .02 cents...

PLEASE bring back the ability to see player's monikers, rather than the "Guest###" we are presently getting!

Sincerely,

TerryNC

Message 7 of 14 (3,811 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Why can't I use Chat. And why are the letters hit and miss when moving onboard ?

Message 8 of 14 (3,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I don’t even have the ORIGIN Login ICON..!!  It has disappeared ...only way to Log In is the Facebook Icon. I’m still able to play and create opponent games though, without having to Log-In to Facebook.  Perhaps I’m Logged In but no place to Log Out to see what happens.

Message 9 of 14 (2,067 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Not able to chat and if you press the chat button to chat the other player doesn’t know your chatting as their button is muted.

scrabble has gone down hill drastically. 

I play my family and friends and now can’t chat so I have to stop each game and go on messenger to tell them I’ve sent a scrabble message 

gggrrrrr

vicky.

playing since 2015

Message 10 of 14 (1,993 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help