Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble slow to load, lists incorrect turn scores, slow to show current turns

by jamcycler

Original Post

Highlighted

Scrabble slow to load, lists incorrect turn scores, slow to show current turns

★★ Novice

Thanks for your recent work to improve Scrabble based on player feedback and reviews. I'm grateful the board has become more responsive than it was a version or two ago. I'm currently experiencing the following issues:

1. The app is extremely slow to loan on iPhone 5. When it has to reload entirely, it often takes a full 60 seconds to open the app, load the game list, and show the latest turns.
  2. When the turn list eventually appears, it is initially showing the turns that were the latest the last time I opened the app. That is, the turns by my opponents from before I made my last plays.
  3. Often, the turn scores displayed in the turn list are incorrect until after I load the game and then return to the list. Please ensure they match the actual scores shown on each board for the associated turn before opening the respective board.
  4. It used to be possible to swipe up or down to visit other active games. Currently, this only works after I've taken my turn in a particular game.
  5. Swiping after taking my turn in a particular game has always taken me to the game with the most recent play, however I prefer to play the least recent turn first. It'd be nice if after playing a turn anywhere among several games Scrabble would show me the game above the one I swiped (if I swiped down) or below (if I swiped up), just like swiping in any other app.
Message 1 of 4 (370 Views)

Re: Scrabble slow to load, lists incorrect turn scores, slow to show current tur

★★ Novice

An additional request I remembered yesterday: Scrabble used to remember the position of my tiles on each board. Often I move them around while waiting for my opponent(s) to play. If I do so and leave the game, when I return the tiles are back in the order they were in right after I played my last turn.

I'm usually playing 6–8 games at once and its incredibly frustrating to forget the word I was going to play when my tiles are not where I left them.

Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

Re: Scrabble slow to load, lists incorrect turn scores, slow to show current tur

★★★★★ Novice

These are also issues on the Android version of the app., here's my experience of the five listed:

Soccer ball App load can take around 50 seconds, more if the program is 'moved to SD card'.

Football Games list out-of-date when I start the app: it can be showing my opponent's last-but-one move, i.e. two turns ago, not just the last time I used the app.

Basketball I haven't spotted this in testing just yet.

(4) and (5) The ability to swipe between games seems to come and go.

Message 3 of 4 (344 Views)

★★ Newbie

My problem is that I play against robots.  For the last 2 days game will not load

Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help