Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble opponents

by Player_9edwkmon

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Scrabble opponents

Community Manager

Hey there, @bethadams56.

The Origin client is a downloadable program for PC and Mac that helps launch EA games from Peggle to Anthem and more. However, it's not available for mobile / tablets.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 11 of 20 (1,314 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

So how can people playing Scrabble on a mobile platform add their friends? Poor design...

Message 12 of 20 (1,302 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

@Player_9edwkmon wrote:

I am stumped.  This classic game has been monopolized by EA (and Facebook) so as to make it inaccessible to the open market.   Words with Friends is a distasteful, cheaters platform yet thrives because it is accessible; as a word game it pales to the original Scrabble, IMHO. Trump-nomics at play, apparently.  If EA owns the rights, they are the game losers.  Woeful.

Too bad they don’t offer an option to only play other little  flakes of snow Disappointed

Message 13 of 20 (1,240 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

So basically, I have to download and install an entire application (Origin client) just to add a friend to play Scrabble against? Why can't this be done online or in-app? For most people this is just too much of a hassle so you're forced to use Facebook (with their horrible reputation for privacy) to connect. What a dumb design.

Message 14 of 20 (1,053 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@bethadams56 It does not appear so. Very odd that it is this difficult to add friends. It took me 30 minutes but finally added a friend. Both have to have origin accounts created using EA credentials on a PC/Mac.
Message 15 of 20 (753 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Hi-

I'm unable to add EA friends to Scrabble games on the Android app. What is the protocol for creating a new game with an EA/Origins friend? I cannot see any friends in the dropdown menu.

Message 16 of 20 (466 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey there, @yaminah17.

If you create a new game, and select Play With Friends, it should list all of your friends. If you also have Facebook linked, it will display both Facebook and Origin friends in the same list.

I hope that helps.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 17 of 20 (443 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No, it doesn't. As you have acknowledged in other threads, Origin/EA friends have completely disappeared in this last update.

The incompetence of EA's programmers and testers (do you even have a separate team who test software before release?) knows no bounds!

Message 18 of 20 (439 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  Origin/EA friends disappeared from the app about 3-4 weeks ago. I’ve quit and restarted the app on both my iPad and iPhone, and rebooted both devices. The app is up to date. They are not listed even though they are listed on the origin website in my account. My brother and I keep rematching each other so we can play a game, and our Guest numbers stay the same so we know who we are. HELP!!

Message 19 of 20 (427 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Hi,

No this doesn't help. I have no friends to choose from within the Scrabble androif app, even though I have EA friends. The game is totally updated. The below is what it looks like.

1. Screenshot_20191127-091447.png
Message 20 of 20 (404 Views)
Twitter Stream