Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble opponents

by Player_9edwkmon

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Scrabble opponents

★★★★ Novice

Can you please explain to me why I cannot invite other specific scrabble players to play?  I am only offered random players, or a very very select few Facebook “friends”?

Message 1 of 14 (2,435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scrabble opponents

Community Manager

Hello @Player_9edwkmon!

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your thread from the Pogo area to the Scrabble area.

In addition to linking Facebook, if you have it attached to your EA Account, you can also add your Origin friends to it. It's covered only briefly in the first article below. The second article covers how to add friends to your Origin account.

What are the Game Modes in Scrabble?

Add Friends on Origin

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Arrenai Cat

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (2,369 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hello @Player_9edwkmon,

Is this for Scrabble on Pogo, Scrabble Sprint on Pogo, or Scrabble on Facebook/mobile?

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 14 (2,391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is for Scrabble, found and downloaded as an ap on an iPhone.  It says "challenge opponents on Facebook and more..."  and Find an instant opponent …" 

It appears that opponents are limited to only those who use Facebook and that have already downloaded the ap and shared their Facebook friends.  I have friends that would use the ap, except for the Facebook restriction. 

Message 3 of 14 (2,383 Views)

Community Manager

Hello @Player_9edwkmon!

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your thread from the Pogo area to the Scrabble area.

In addition to linking Facebook, if you have it attached to your EA Account, you can also add your Origin friends to it. It's covered only briefly in the first article below. The second article covers how to add friends to your Origin account.

What are the Game Modes in Scrabble?

Add Friends on Origin

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Arrenai Cat

Message 4 of 14 (2,370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My friend and I have a similar problem. We have an EA account and downloaded the Srabble app, but we are unable to choose an opponent - let alone each other. 

We we are not the only ones - there were 7 others who were having. Similar problrm

Message 5 of 14 (2,127 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am stumped.  This classic game has been monopolized by EA (and Facebook) so as to make it inaccessible to the open market.   Words with Friends is a distasteful, cheaters platform yet thrives because it is accessible; as a word game it pales to the original Scrabble, IMHO. Trump-nomics at play, apparently.  If EA owns the rights, they are the game losers.  Woeful.

Message 6 of 14 (2,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I play Scrabble on my iPad and want to add new friends. I have tried following your directions to add friends by signing in on Origin.com. My current friends show up under “Friends” on the menu bar, but there is no “Add a friend” option. Is there another step I am missing?

Message 7 of 14 (1,822 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, @bethadams56.

Thanks for your question, and I apologize for any confusion. While Friends cannot be added via Origin.com the website, you can download the Origin client from that website, and you can add or remove friends from the Origin client itself. I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? High five Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 8 of 14 (1,806 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, what is the Origin “client”?

Message 9 of 14 (1,801 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is the Origin application available for iPad?

Message 10 of 14 (1,800 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help