Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: SCRABBLE on Facebook

by sassyglasser

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Scrabble - Facebook - Can't see my friends on the friendlist!

Community Manager (retired)

Here is a workaround you can try:

Hey SCRABBLE fans!

We’ve deployed several fixes over the past month to fix the “Finding Friends” feature on Facebook.

If you’re still having trouble, please try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the app, which should fix any issues.

Thank you for your patience!

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/apps
    2. Click the gear symbol besides your SCRABBLE app
    3. Select “Remove app” 
    4. Add the game again by simply going to the app page https://apps.facebook.com/ea_scrabble_closed/?fb_source=fbpage

Message 141 of 149 (478 Views)
Highlighted

scrabble on facebook, game will not load

★★ Newbie

i am using Google Chrome to play Scrabble on facebook, and all of a sudden it will not load the game....the lillte emblem keeps turning round and round, but will not load the game.  i have been using Chrome for a long time and now all of a sudden it will not load the game.  i am playing on windows XP.  

Message 142 of 149 (457 Views)
Highlighted

FB scrabble

★ Novice

all my opponents are listed as ANONYMOUS, except for those in my FRIEND's list.  Occasionally, the ANONYMOUS label becomes a name and a photo, but reverts back to anonymous.  Why does this happen and how can it be fixed?  

I use a MAC with OS X, but i also use a PC at work, the same thing happens...so it seems related to my account!  Also my friends are not experiencing the same thing...its truly puzzling, and becoming very annoying not knowing who my opponent is.

Thanks for your help!!

Message 143 of 149 (449 Views)
Highlighted

Playing Scrabble

★ Newbie

Having problems with the Scrabble board on Facebook.  I cannot see the whole board, therefore I don't have a "play" button to use to continue in games.  Can this be fixed?  Thank you.

Message 144 of 149 (459 Views)
Highlighted

Scrabble on Facebook

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I can't figure out how to get rid of this:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.ne…rabble_libs.js line 669 > eval:1"

My options are to quit the script from running, to debug the script, or to let the script continue.  I've tried all three, and nothing helps.  Scrabble can't load while this message/pop-up is there.

Message 145 of 149 (500 Views)
Highlighted

Scrabble Options don't stay as I set them--they keep returning to defaults

★★ Newbie

I play Scrabble through Facebook, using a MacBook Air, but I've had this problem with other computers (PC) as well.  When I click on the "Options" wrench icon to turn down the sound effects and to turn off the teacher, those controls function as expected.  But a few days later, the sound effects will be back up and the teacher is back on.  The options don't stay the way I set them, at least not for very long.  They keep going back to the default settings.

I contacted EA tech support and after a few rounds of "are you sure you're not using it wrong?" I got sucked down a rabbit hole of them trying to get me to troubleshoot my computer for something that is a web-based app.  The very first step of the troubleshooting was to close all programs, which I foolishly did, including Safari, which closed my tech support session.  Perhaps that was a blessing in disguise.  Maybe the real world can help me.

Message 146 of 149 (446 Views)
Highlighted

Scrabble

★★ Newbie

The game loads and I can play it, but there are no sounds.  I have checked the Mac Preferences for sound and it works, so I have to assume that it is a problem with the game.  The sounds stopped during one of the games I was playing.  Very annoying!

Message 147 of 149 (461 Views)
Highlighted

scrabble on facebook

★ Newbie

I have been having problems moving letters to a spot on the board.  Just now, I could not move any letter.  What can I do about this?

Message 148 of 149 (446 Views)
Highlighted

scrabble

★★ Newbie

Hello

I am new to this site. I want to play against a computer. When I click the icon it opens in a new page just showing - play computer but nothing happens and nothing to click - what am I doing wrong - Rome

Message 149 of 149 (443 Views)
Highlighted

Re: SCRABBLE on Facebook

★★ Newbie

Where are the replies to all these calls for help from scrabble players? I am having the same problems accessing my game, have downloaded the "new version" of the game, been forced to pay for it again, have lost my stats, and now can't invite friends from Facebook to play.....

Message 150 of 149 (326 Views)
Twitter Stream