Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble not connecting to Origins (Sep 15/16)

by marinaside88

Original Post

Highlighted

Scrabble not connecting to Origins (Sep 15/16)

★★ Newbie

Hi, I've read all the past posts about Scrabble not connecting to Facebook nor Origins, though I'm not able to tell if their issues were solved. I did see Rebecca's responses about being aware of the issue but that was from 2014. I can't tell if the issue still exists with others. I've been having this issue for a couple of months now. My iPad connects to my network well enough with all other apps but just not with Scrabble. Also I can get Scrabble on my iPhone5. Would love to play with Origins peeps again instead of against the computer now. Please advise.

Message 1 of 4 (280 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Scrabble not connecting to Origins (Sep 15/16)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @marinaside88,

What version of the game do you have? 

Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Hi there, I have version number 3.7.2.680576 1751489870

Maryann

Message 3 of 4 (243 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @marinaside88,

This version has been retired. You'll find more information below:

There is a security license update on September 1, 2016, that affects anyone playing Scrabble version 3.7.0 or earlier on older mobile devices.

How does it affect me?

If you play Scrabble version 3.6.0-3.7.0, you can still play the Solo Play games. If you want to continue playing against other players (multiplayer), you will need to install the latest version of Scrabble from the App Store.

If you play a Scrabble version earlier than 3.6.0, you will need to install the latest version of Scrabble from the App Store. Otherwise, you will see a Network Errormessage not be able to play.

Did you pay for ad-free Scrabble?

If you're on version 3.7.0 or earlier and have paid for the ad-free version on iOS, you can retrieve the ad-free version by restoring purchases in your App Store once you download the latest version of Scrabble.

You do not need to repurchase the ad-free version.

Can I save my Scrabble game data?

You can save some Scrabble data by connecting your game to Facebook if you connect before September 1, 2016.

Depending on your version, you can find the Facebook log in either on the main screen or in the Options menu.

You can download the most recent version of Scrabble from the App Store and reconnect to Facebook to recover your saved data.

Please note that:

• Logging into Facebook will preserve ELO rank, win/loss statistics and friend lists.
  • Games with or as an anonymous player cannot be saved.
  • Gameplay data from Scrabble versions earlier than 5.0.0 will not be saved.
  • Gameplay data generated before connecting Scrabble to Facebook may be lost.
Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)
Twitter Stream