Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble Trauma!

by Vintagebelleuk

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Scrabble Trauma!

★★★★ Newbie
I want to play Scrabble app with my mum but she doesn’t have Facebook. I’ve downloaded apps to my iphone and her kindle fire.
I’ve created us both EA accounts. But I can’t search for friends or find her... just getting a blank box with A to Z on right hand side and can’t search.

What’s going on? Please don’t tell me after all that faff I’ve got to download something else? What am I doing wrong!
Message 1 of 6 (1,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scrabble Trauma!

Community Manager

@Vintagebelleuk Are you able to search for facebook linked friends?

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,460 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Vintagebelleuk Are you able to search for facebook linked friends?

Message 2 of 6 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Me and my husband are in exactly the same situation. We don't have facebook, but created EA accounts and it doesn't allow you to type in friends name.

Also trying it with facebook account is not an option as we don't have facebook and don't want to open an account just for the game. Is there a solution to this?!

Message 3 of 6 (831 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Seemingly not I’m afraid. I can’t find a way around it and I flatly refuse to create a Facebook account for my mum just to play scrabble. It’s pretty ridiculous. If you find an answer please let me know!!!

Message 4 of 6 (809 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did you find help? I'm in the same situation!!!!
Message 5 of 6 (616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apparently you have to download the Origin client and install it on your Mac/PC and then use that to invite EA users. Really, EA should make it clear that playing against other EA users is essentially going to be way too much hassle. Most people won't be bothered with installing an entire application just to connect with a friend. If I knew this going in I wouldn't have paid for the premium version of Scrabble.

Message 6 of 6 (443 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help