Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble unable to connect

by Therese2017

Original Post

Re: Scrabble Origin login won't connect

★★★★ Novice
Arrrggh! I wonder if they're phasing out origin for preference of Facebook only. That'll * me off if that's the case. If they happen to get back to you, can you please post here?
Message 161 of 657 (16,955 Views)
Highlighted

Scrabble unable to connect

★★★★ Novice
I want ro update the games and it says : connexion to server impossible. Information unavailable.
Happen since yesterday PM
Message 162 of 657 (16,750 Views)

Re: Scrabble unable to connect

EA Staff

Hello @Therese2017,

Is this happening on Pogo version of Scrabble or does this happen on your Scrabble app on mobile? If it is on mobile, are you on Android or iOS?

Thanks,

- Kristi

Message 163 of 657 (16,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for your help.

I am playing on mobile samsung galaxy S5 neo . Android 6.0.1 .
I played a lot and it work just fine until 2 days ago.

I had some difficulty after my 2 weeks vacations . Everything was jammwd. I deinstalled and reinstalled and could play again, finish the games startef 2 weeks before and start new onea. I played for 2-3 days without problem. Then I got the message Can not connect to server Frown
Message 164 of 657 (16,702 Views)

EA Staff

Thanks for that @Therese2017.

Could you please try the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Scrabble/Optimize-the-game-performance-on-Facebook-and-mobile/m-p/5696175/h...

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 165 of 657 (16,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It still doesn't work.
But I didn't clear the cache because it will do on all apps and I am afraid that will be a problem for some apps that have hidden username and password in the cache.
Message 166 of 657 (16,665 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What I did different with Scrabble in hours previous to my problem is that I quit a game with a random guest without finishing it (abandon). It was rhe first time I playef with a random person and the first time that I stopped a game without finishing. Could it have a bug on those actions ? Maybe things will get back ok when that game will leàve my statistics ? I'll wait...

(In the cache there could be all kinds of settings for the others apps of my phone I guess. It's risky to clear that all I find).
Message 167 of 657 (16,649 Views)

★★★★ Novice
We found the solution.
I closed the appplicatio .
I taped on the Scrabble storage information that you find on the same screen where there is the Deinstall button.
A window appeared with two buttons : one to clear the Scrabble cache and the other to clear the Scrabble data. I taped each button. And I reopened the application.
And it worked !
No need to clear the general cache of the mobile.
😊
To share.
Message 168 of 657 (17,739 Views)

EA Staff

Thank you very much for sharing your solution @Therese2017 Standard smile

Hopefully it will help others as well!

- Kristi

Message 169 of 657 (16,521 Views)

Re: Scrabble Origin login won't connect

★★★★ Newbie
Has anyone solved this issue yet? I still can't login on my iPhone. Would love to know what is going on.
Message 170 of 657 (16,740 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help