Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Scrabble Free for Android

by efbrodeur

Original Post

Re: Nook Color - Scrabble Update

★★★★ Novice

Nils, as I  had stated previously- from my experience it seems that Google Play can't be used on the Nook color.  Again- "I found this Google web page which lists the devices that support Google Play, and the Nook color wasn't on it (Nook HD was, but not Nook color).  And when I tried searching for the Google Play app on my Nook color, it couldn't find it, and without the Google Play app I don't think this free version of Scrabble can be installed."  So the temporary workaround that you've suggested is of no benefit to me (unless I am mistaken, in which case I would welcome some specific instructions to address the problems I'm having with getting this free version to work on my Nook color.  But based on the pattern I've noticed so far with the replies from EA in this discussion, I honestly now have a sinking feeling that you're just going to totally ignore what I've said and simply repeat, "I've moved your thread..., we're still investigating this issue... try this free Google Play version instead for now..."  So, perhaps you could dispel my cynacism, by actually acknowledging what I've said and responding to that?  That would be oh-so nice- thank you...)

Message 51 of 65 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The problem is that google play can not be accessed on The Nook Color so your suggestion is not a valid one. Goolgle play does not recognize the nook.

Message 52 of 65 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you all for clarifying the issue with Google Play on the Nook Color. I have passed this on and will let you know as soon as I receive an update.

For now I have unmarked the previous post as the solution and would like to apologize for any confusion caused.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 53 of 65 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for your latest reply Nils, I do appreciate it.  So, we will now be anxiously awaiting a fix for the Scrabble app, compatible with the Nook color (or a viable workaround- although a fix to the original app is much preferable!)  Confusedmileyhappy:   It's been quite a while now that we've all been without a working Scrabble game, so I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we're really hoping that you don't keep us waiting too much longer... thanks again! 

Message 54 of 65 (539 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, so much for my hopes that I wouldn't be waiting too long for a fix...   Frankly, at this point it's seriously looking like no one in your organization has done a darn thing about this (aside from Nils's messages saying "we're working on it, we'll let you know when we've got something...") and I'm now very skeptical as to whether you have any real intentions of ever doing anything about this.  So, perhaps if that's the case, you could just say so, so that at least we're not kept in limbo waiting forever?  (Or, if you actually are capable of fixing this, then can you just finally please DO IT, please!??!)  Thank you!

Message 55 of 65 (481 Views)

When is Android Premium Scrabble being released?

★★★★ Newbie

Friend brought an android tablet on my advice, but the major game she plays is scrabble, not realizing that there is currently no premium version of scrabble available on android, but there is on ipad and kindle... Since I told her to buy android instead of ios/Amazon os, I'd really like to know what to tell her... Sell her tablet and go to kindle or wait it out, please could you give some kind of indication of when this will be released.

Message 56 of 65 (481 Views)

Re: When is Android Premium Scrabble being released?

★★★★ Newbie

I take it since my post has been swept under the proverbial weight of a 5 page carpet about 'Free Scrabble' (which is not what I asked about or I would have added the post to the bottom of this post myself), that there is no intention to release a premium version in the near future.

That being the case I'll advise my friend to sell her tablet as premium scrabble was the only reason to buy one. Thank you for your help.

Message 57 of 65 (580 Views)

SCRABBLE International (Android) - Skip Teacher option when desired

★★★★ Novice

When I am playing SCRABBLE against an opponent on the Android version of the game, I sometimes tap the Teacher option to see what word might have worked better.  But I would also like to Skip the rest of the animation once I have got the idea.  In other animations during gameplay, a Skip button appears at the bottom right.  During the Teacher animation playing against an online opponent, the buttons are ineffective.  I would like for at least the Next button to work or for a Skip button to appear during the animation.  I realise it is just a few seconds, just a suggestion.

Message 58 of 65 (570 Views)

Scrabble for Android, notifications on kitkat

★ Newbie
Since getting a nexus 5 with KitKat, notifications have never worked. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing data, turning notifications off and on again... Nothing has worked.

How do I get notifications working again?
Message 59 of 65 (567 Views)

Re: [SCRABBLE Free for Android] not compatible with Sony Tablet S?

★★★ Newbie

did you get an answer????  if yes, whichone??

Message 60 of 65 (536 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help