Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

SCRABBLE Release 5.33 is here!

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

SCRABBLE Release 5.33 is here!

Community Manager

Hey there!

SCRABBLE release 5.33 is rolling out, and here are some important updates regarding the latest version:

We now ask for your age when you install the game

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide a safe and appropriate experience for players, we now ask you to set your age.

If you’re an adult, you won’t experience any changes. If you’re a minor, we’ve restricted access to social and purchasing features.

To improve the chat experience we now require you to log in to Facebook or Origin to find and chat with your friends.

If playing as a guest, the chat option will no longer be available.

Chat is now Opt-in instead of Opt-out

You can choose who you want to chat to.  Once logged in, just unmute the chat by opening the chat window and tapping the Unmute button. 

You can toggle between Muted and Unmuted as needed.

iOS 8 is no longer supported

You will now need to be on Apple’s iOS 9 or later to get the latest updates.

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? High five Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 1 of 15 (741 Views)

Re: SCRABBLE Release 5.33 is here!

★★★★ Newbie
How can I fix the incorrect age I entered today when logging in to the newly updated Scrabble game??
Message 2 of 15 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

My iPhone app for scrabble updated last evening July 24.  I got the age question and that’s a bit personal so I entered 2. That should not be a factor.  However, today the app no longer shows any way to login to facebook nor the EA account.  All of my scrabble stats seem to be lost on iPhone as well.  

Any one else having this problem?  How do I resolve?

My iPhone runs ios version 12.3.1.

Message 3 of 15 (568 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
@donovanx1 I’m having the same issue
Message 4 of 15 (555 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, @donovanx1@Quirsan and @afanasiff1.

As mentioned in the FAQ, if you do set your account as being a minor, then you will be restricted from social features, and that would include being able to link it with Facebook, etc. This is due to many laws restricting online access for minors, such as the United States' Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).

EA and age restrictions for mobile games

However, if you did have your account linked prior and you found that putting in a fake underage age is restricting you, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling. Once you have an adult age posted, you will have the option to log in again with the social features, and get right back into the action with your friends lists and more.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 15 (523 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After this update the first thing I noticed was my chat function had disappeared. It took me some quite considerable time searching to find out what I needed to do to get it back. I finally found this forum and discovered the advice as below:

To improve the chat experience we now require you to log in to Facebook or Origin to find and chat with your friends.
If playing as a guest, the chat option will no longer be available.

However most people will not go to that trouble and just assume they can no longer chat. People I have been playing with for ages and happily chatting to no longer can see or respond to my chats. You need to make it clearer to players what they need to do to use chat function, and not expect them to work it out for themselves. 

This is is very disappointing, I am sure it affects a lot of players. I think you should send another update to restore the chat function as it was. 

Message 6 of 15 (424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried everything suggested and more. I can not get an option to sign in anywhere or any how. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, completely deleted cache and data. I can not get a sign in to show up. Need an answer besides uninstall and reinstall as it hasn't worked. 

Message 7 of 15 (410 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, @tonerator1.

Please check the age that you're setting when you reinstall the game. If it is under the age allowed for adult accounts for your country, then chat and linking won't be an option.

EA and age restrictions for mobile games

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 8 of 15 (338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately that option doesn't come up when I reinstall. I've tried finding hidden files or anything that is associated with Scrabble after deleting. And it still just starts up after a fresh install with no age choice or anywhere to access my profile or to sign in. This is on a pixel3 running latest OS ,updates and latest Scrabble. 

Message 9 of 15 (335 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 10 of 15 (332 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help