Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Announcement on the future of Scrabble

by MogulManX

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

www.isc.ro - Internet Scrabble club - real scrabble!  A lot of good players but also a few using anagrammers.

Will run from most browsers so no download.  Only downside is that it is matchplay only so no way of running multiple simultaneous games.

Message 21 of 50 (1,157 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

@EA_Mai wrote:

@cboodroI know changes are not always easy. You can continue using SCRABBLE until summer this year, and use any coins purchased in-game until SCRABBLE is retired.

ScrabbleGo is NOT an acceptable option! The developers have been very shortsighted in the target players who play the Hasbro Scrabble. We don’t want gimmicks and whistles or free turns or power boosters... we want as close to playing with our friends at the kitchen table as possible. It’s not children who are playing this game! 
I will not be playing Scrabble Go unless BIG changes are made. Looks like a very pleasant part of my day is going to disappear. 
I can’t express how disappointed I am in the ScrabbleGo option being offered. Definitely needs to go back to the drawing board for this one!! 

Message 22 of 50 (1,129 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have enjoyed playing Scrabble with family (wife, sister and mother) and friends for years. We all play each other, making moves every day, and we must have completed hundreds and hundreds of games.

We have tried Scrabble Go and none of us like it. It is juvenile and does not offer the intense competitive experience which we so much enjoy from a game of real Scrabble.

My wife has also been a long Words With Friends player. I tried Words With Friends a few years ago but uninstalled it as I much preferred the EA Scrabble experience.

Having attempted to play Scrabble Go and dismissed it, I've now reinstalled Words With Friends and decided it is a much better offering.

I've discussed this with my family and we all plan on moving to Words With Friends, assuming there is not a change of plan regarding the future of EA Scrabble. This is a real shame, but I am comforted there is an alternative available to us which is superior to Scrabble Go.

Message 23 of 50 (925 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Scrabble GO is an absolute disaster. Can’t anything be done to keep the EA version active? Anything?

Message 24 of 50 (893 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Now we are up to our eyes with coronavirus people need stability, things they are familiar with. Please can I appeal to your common decency for humankind to help with keeping people's mental health on a level by keeping Scrabble and get rid of Scrabble Go, or keep it for those who want a childish game.

Message 25 of 50 (836 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Sorry for repeat post but I am still hoping for a response.   

Can we please get an answer as to whether users will be able to continue to play single mode games against the computer/iPad etc?  Some folks do crossword puzzles.  Some meditate.  I play Scrabble against the computer to relax and exercise my brain.  I play several times per day and have played several thousand games.  Scrabble Go simply does not cut it.  

Message 26 of 50 (821 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I agree with all the comments re the planned withdrawal of the Scrabble EA app. It has kept me and my remote family in daily contact for years which we love. We have all tried Scrabble Go and are horrified - it is an insult to a Scrabble players intelligence ! 

in these times of mass upheaval, you really need to consider your strategic direction as well as your integrity. So many people have paid in good faith for a product which suits them and then you arbitrarily remove it! Scandalous 

Message 27 of 50 (748 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai Did you never hear the saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" ? Especially don't replace it with something cheap and nasty.
Message 28 of 50 (659 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Hev_Roth Agreed, it's a tragedy.
Message 29 of 50 (602 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Hev_Roth Well said!
Message 30 of 50 (601 Views)
Twitter Stream