Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin Account Problems

by snevo11

Original Post

Highlighted

Origin Account Problems

★★ Novice

I play Scrabble on the Iphone and I keep getting kicked out of my Origin account.  When I change game boards or go to stats I get logged out and have to re-enter my email and Origin password.  Half the time I have to reset the passord after requesting this from Origin and I can use the old password and get back on my game eventually after responding to their email.  Must have srever problems and this glitch is very annoying. It worked better when I played the free version.

Message 1 of 7 (643 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Origin Account Problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

@snevo11 wrote:

I play Scrabble on the Iphone and I keep getting kicked out of my Origin account.  When I change game boards or go to stats I get logged out and have to re-enter my email and Origin password.  Half the time I have to reset the passord after requesting this from Origin and I can use the old password and get back on my game eventually after responding to their email.  Must have srever problems and this glitch is very annoying. It worked better when I played the free version.

If you are hoping someone will respond, you will be dead before you get an answer.  My suggestion: buy the board game.

My latest response to the tech reps at EA:

No one has called me back after 30 minutes of waiting (although the wait time said 5 minutes). The estimated wait time for online Chat was more than 1 hour.

Your forums were no help.  I tried this (30 pages of people with the same problem, and no replies from EA, although one annoying person kept telling us to try the Pogo forum).  

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Scrabble-various-versions-unable-to-connect/td-p/228680/highlight/fa...

One user suggested I try this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Scrabble-various-versions-unable-to-connect/td-p/228680/highlight/fa...

Nice, but nothing on the problem. This is a problem faced by Android and iPhone users (though your drop down list on a previous page does not list Android as a mobile device).

I can't believe you are now offering a "paid" subscription to Scrabble for $60 a year. ARE YOU KIDDING????  1. It doesn't work.  2. Who is going to pay $60 a year for a GAME?????

Message 2 of 7 (633 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

You can try the Troubleshooting Steps For iOS Apps

Spoiler
Troubleshooting Steps For iOS Apps

If you’re running into problems with EA iOS Apps for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, we recommend following the steps below to resolve your issue.

Update your device software

It’s important to make sure that your device’s software is up-to-date. If you aren’t sure how to update your device, we recommend visiting the Apple Support website.

Check for App updates

Once you have made sure your device is up-to-date, check to make sure that your App is up-to-date. To ensure your App is up-to-date, do the following:
  1. Open the App Store and select “Updates”. If updates are available, select “Update All”
  2. When prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. The App Store will then download and install the available App updates.
Note: Some Apps may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.

Install another App from the App Store

If none of your user-installed apps launch correctly, there could be a problem with authorizing your Apple ID. To resolve this issue, please download and install a free (or paid) app that isn’t already installed on your device. If you don’t want to add any new apps to your device, you can remove an app and then re-download it from the App Store, or sync the app from your computer. Doing this will reset your Apple ID information.

Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.

Restart the Application

If your issue only affects a single App on your device, please try closing just that app. If you aren’t sure how to do this, follow the steps below:
  1. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
  2. Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
  3. Tap and hold the affected app until the red minus icon appears.
  4. Tap the red minus to quit the app.
  5. Press the Home button, and then restart the App

Restart your device

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the “Slide to power off” option appears. Power off your device, and once it’s completely shut-down, press the “Sleep/Wake” button to turn it back on.

Re-install the affected application

If the app still isn’t working correctly, you may need to remove it from your device and then re-install. To do so:
  1. Touch and hold any application icon on the Home Screen, until the icons start to shake.
  2. Tap the “x” in the top corner of the icon for of the application which isn’t working correctly.
  3. Tap Delete to remove the application and all associated data from your device.
  4. Press the Home button.
  5. Go to the App Store
  6. Search for the application and then download it again.

Note: If the app is a paid app, make sure that you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with, otherwise you will be charged for downloading the app again. You can find more information on re-downloading previously purchased items on the Apple Support Center.

If you continue to have problems with your EA App after following all of the steps listed above, please do not hesitate to contact us, and one of our Game Advisors with will be happy to assist you.

Also, SCRABBLERS can find information for their game (depending on the Scrabble version, there are many differents available) here:  dedicated forum available Scrabble Forum & Known issues

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (629 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
I lost the icon and cannot log in.
Message 4 of 7 (363 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @cwpfeiffer484,

If you tap on Options, do you not have the Facebook and Origin login buttons? 

Message 5 of 7 (339 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Thank you for replying. Where do I find the options bottom?
Message 6 of 7 (332 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @cwpfeiffer484,

It's on the top right hand side corner of the screen. The icon represents a cog.

Let me know if that doesn't appear.

Message 7 of 7 (319 Views)
Twitter Stream