Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Inviting a friend to a scrabble game

by Ciocolata16

Original Post

Re: Inviting a friend to a scrabble game

★★ Novice

Over 2 years later and EA have still NOT solved this issue, despite claiming that they have. Pathetic. I am STILL haven't the same problem today, 2.5 years on from your original query to them Terrible 'service'.

Message 21 of 39 (2,858 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same here. Really annoying!
Message 22 of 39 (2,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Absolutely horribly flawed multiplayer design. EA should be ashamed. Both of us have origin accounts yet no keyboard comes up when I try to search for their origin username... Waste of time. 1 star vote.

Message 23 of 39 (2,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does seem ridiculous. I played for years and all of a sudden it didn't work. At first I thought it was because of my new android phone but now i'm back to Apple and it still doesn't work!! I am so annoyed.

Message 24 of 39 (2,412 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I spoke to someone at EA/Origin by phone. 

• The person made it clear that it is easier when both people wanting to play together are on Facebook.  

However, I don't want to join Facebook.  I pointed out that the app indicated that I should be able to play with an "EA friend" but that I found no place to add a friend when logged into EA/origin in the Scrabble app or on my laptop browser.  The person on the phone explained that I could create an EA friend through the following steps (more complicated than joining Facebook):

• Download the Origin app onto my laptop.  This is not a web app, but a standalone program that only runs on a laptop computer, not a mobile device.  
  • I could log into the Origin app using my EA/Origin account.  There would be an option to send a friend request to my wife.
  • Then my wife could log into the Origin app (on my laptop) with her EA/Origin account, and accept that friend request.

I haven't tried this, but at least I now know what is supposed to work for adding an "EA friend"  for Scrabble games.

Message 25 of 39 (2,387 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Annie vorel

Message 26 of 39 (1,838 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
It worked. Thanks a lot.
Message 27 of 39 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me, the window to search for a friend pops up but when I hit the magnifying glass to search my keypad  doesn't pop up to type

Message 28 of 39 (1,504 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

As far as I have been able to figure out (with help from this thread), you can’t play Scrabble in a browser on your computer without Facebook, you can only play on the downloaded app on your phone or tablet with an EA (Electronic Arts) login. BUT, you can’t find friends to play with on the app...because there is no pop-up typing field to make it possible to search for EA friends. It’s really so much more difficult than it should be, and makes me hate Facebook all the more. Here’s how I figured out how to do it.

1. If you haven’t already, download the Scrabble app on your phone and/or tablet.
  2. Create a EA username and password.
  3. Try to find friends. Just kidding, it’s impossible! No keyboard!
  4. Go to https://www.origin.com and sign in with the EA username and password you already created.I guess Origin is affiliated with EA in some way?
  5. Tell the person you want to play to do the same thing as above.
  6. Now you log back in to Origin. Hover over your username and select “view my profile”.
  7. Search for the username or email of the person you want to play (ask them for it). Send them a friend request. Then tell them to accept your request on the Origin site. Hopefully this will work for you!

FYI, all our stats will start over. Also, you can stay logged in to both Facebook and EA so you can play friends in both places. But seriously, just delete Facebook Wink

Message 29 of 39 (1,492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA really should fix this so that you can use the Scrabble mobile app itself to invite another EA user. Facebook is a dirty word these days.

Message 30 of 39 (1,144 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help