Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Inviting a friend to a scrabble game

by Ciocolata16

Original Post

Re: Inviting a friend to a scrabble game

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA

Can someone please explain why you can’t invite friends without a Facebook account ? Such a simple question !

@davisdp wrote:
Having the same problem. If everyone is having this problem and there seems to be no solution, perhaps the app purchase fee should be refunded. This is ridiculous. One would think EA would be able to come up with a solution to such a common problem or at least try too.

Message 11 of 33 (3,650 Views)

Community Manager

@MaryBudden You can also invite a friend if they have an Origin account. 

Message 12 of 33 (3,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can’t find or add Origin friends... We all have iPhones. We are all running OS11. We all have Origin accounts. Still can’t enter their IDs to find them - the keyboard doesn’t pop up to allow entry. Just a blank friends list with no way to get any friends in it. This all used to work so well. Now it doesn’t.
Message 13 of 33 (3,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No option with origin accounts. Facebook only.
Trying to play my son at Scabble. Both of us signed in to Origin acts. Both have iPhones. No option to add him to a new game without Facebook. I just spent 30 minutes creating us origin accounts so he could play with me and his dad. Not working. Frustrating.
Message 14 of 33 (3,357 Views)

Community Manager

@AmandaMomLove Sorry to hear that, are you able to invite him  using Facebook? 

Message 15 of 33 (3,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Robpawl, I am having the same problem, and it's now 6 months later. I don't use Facebook and want to play Scrabble with my Mum and other friends but cannot find them via Origin. I have 3 people showing in my Origin friends list, from years ago, and cannot sign up any new Origin friends - even ones playing on iPads like me. I no longer see people's names when I play random opponents - everyone just shows as a number - and it's hard to spot when you are playing the same player again. Playing against others on the internet with Origin used to be a much better experience than now and EA should really put some work into this. 

Message 16 of 33 (3,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Come on EA, there are all these people wanting to play your Scrabble game and not being able to do it. At least tell us you're trying to fix the problem. There MUST be a problem with your software, no?

Message 17 of 33 (2,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem! Please explain how to add friend without using Facebook. 

Message 18 of 33 (2,884 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Why have so many people got the same problem, trying to find friends on origin to play scrabble against, and you’re doing NOTHING ABOUT IT !,, It says this is possible in the blurb, but it plainly is not, it used to work. Please sort it. 

Message 19 of 33 (2,567 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Even if both of us are signed in to Origin, we cannot find each other to play. If this is "working as intended" it stinks.

Message 20 of 33 (2,405 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help