Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I cannot see my facebook friends list on scrabble app

by somehorizon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot see my facebook friends list on scrabble app

★★★ Newbie

No matter what I've tried I can no longer see my facebook friends list on the facebook scrabble app.  I have tried deleting & reinstalling.  At one point I had the green 'Scrabble Mattel' version & a new red 'Scrabble' version.  I deleted the old green one because it didn't show friends & kept the red one.  But every time I try & play on the red app it tries to reinstall the green version which does not show my friends.  So frustrating, I have been trying to fix for weeks. Please help 

Message 1 of 54 (38,183 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot see my facebook friends list on scrabble app

★★★★ Novice

I've fixed it.
So when I first logged into facebook from the app, it asked for permissions. Silly me edited those permissions and prevented the App from seeing my friends list.
To fix this, I had to log into facebook on the PC, find the app in facebook's app list and remove it.
Back in the android app, I logged out, then logged back in and it asked for the permissions again.

This time I allowed everything, and can now play my friends.

Typical user error I suppose, but if the app can't get the account's friends list, some sort of notification would be nice. Or just continue asking for permission each time the user requested the friends list.

View in thread

Message 23 of 54 (30,554 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Same here, I'll make a deal with you. I'll post to you if i find the answer if you post to me. my email address is [edit: email address removed]. I've played scrabble online for about 2 years and only recently gave up when EA "updated". I couldn't access their ORIGIN network suddenly so I installed the facebook version. I have 60+ friends but only 10 showed up in my scrabble friends list, luckily one of them was the person i wanted to play scrabble with. i challenged him to a game and he accepted. great! only he had no tiles to play with and meantime his name disappeared from my scrabble friend list. like you, i uninstalled and reinstalled - couldn't install only one colour version of scrabble. this time no friends at all!

ready to give up really, 

Message 2 of 54 (38,083 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @somehorizon@royvarley

Do you mean that you can't see all your Facebook friends? If that's the case it's normal: only the friends from your Facebook friendlist who have the app installed and/or are already playing Scrabble will show up in the app.

Regarding the two versions of the game, it depends on your geo-localization. Hasbro owns the licence for North America and Mattel owns the licence for the rest of the world so depending on your location you will see one version or the other. If you travel you might see both versions. 

Hope this explains the situation better.

Message 3 of 54 (38,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the response, it doesn't matter which version I use, I don't see any friends. My friend who I want to play against has scrabble installed, as do several other friends who I have played in the past. I used to use my mobile phone but the app stopped working a few months ago after your "update". I engender connected for a while using Origin, but that has gone the way everything else has,
Message 4 of 54 (38,069 Views)

Make sure you both are logged in your Origin accounts @royvarley. It doesn't work when someone if offline. 

Message 5 of 54 (38,056 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. My Facebook friend and I have both downloaded scrabble onto our android devices, then we opened scrabble, logged in to Facebook from the scrabble app. But we cannot see each other in the friends list. Our friends lists  are empty. This is obviously a problem. I do not want to play against random people, I want to play with mjy friend. Please fix this 

Message 6 of 54 (38,028 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same issue trying to use Origin or Facebook. In fact if I log into the app on facebook  I can only see the friends who DO NOT have scrabble, the one friend who does isn't visible in the list.

As for both being logged in at the same time, he works shifts and so, although it will be a long game, we are likely not to be online at the same time.

Message 7 of 54 (37,996 Views)

Hi @Newcastle-Gnome,

If your friend doesn't log into his Facebook account to play Scrabble he will not appear in the list. He might only be using Origin. 

Message 8 of 54 (37,991 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You obviously didn't read my ticket. My friend and I were BOTH logged in to Facebook and I still CANNOT see his name in my friends list on scrabble. This is a problem and as a result I am playing words with friends instead. If you want people to be able to play scrabble with their friends you need to fix this. 

Message 9 of 54 (37,986 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @pennymng,

I was indeed responding to Newcastle-Gnome, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Can you give us more information on your device and your friend's device? Also did you friend use the Scrabble app before trying to play with you or were they trying to play with you for the first time? Finally are you in the same region / location ? I will forward this info to the studio. Thanks.

Message 10 of 54 (37,977 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help