Original Post

Re: I cannot see my facebook friends list on scrabble app

★★★★ Novice

Same problem for me.

Message 21 of 54 (5,085 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same problem here,
I just installed the Android version on my google nexus 6p.
Sitting right next to my girlfriend, also on android, also on facebook. She has all of her friends except me appearing in the list, I have none.
Please fix.
Message 22 of 54 (5,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've fixed it.
So when I first logged into facebook from the app, it asked for permissions. Silly me edited those permissions and prevented the App from seeing my friends list.
To fix this, I had to log into facebook on the PC, find the app in facebook's app list and remove it.
Back in the android app, I logged out, then logged back in and it asked for the permissions again.

This time I allowed everything, and can now play my friends.

Typical user error I suppose, but if the app can't get the account's friends list, some sort of notification would be nice. Or just continue asking for permission each time the user requested the friends list.

Message 23 of 54 (32,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot.  That worked for me too.  Hard to call it user error when the program is so unhelpful.

Message 24 of 54 (5,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As far back as I remember all of your Facebook friends show up in the app when you hit the Create New Game button. Perhaps the responder is referring to the Connected button which says how many of your friends are playing. The difficulty now is being unable to invite new Facebook friends to play when they don't show up in the list of friends on the Scrabble app. It would be nice to find a workaround for that bug.

Message 25 of 54 (4,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have only been able to "rematch" games from the Facebook Scrabble app for over 8 months now because when I click on "Create New Game" all I see are a blank (Facebook) Friends lists no matter if it's a 2-player game or 3-4-player game. Absolutely the most frustrating thing because I have been playing "my turn" daily on about 12 gameboards with people all over the world without issue for over 2 years straight. Your proposed solution gives me hope....

However, I just went to: Setting * Apps * Scrabble app....and changed it from "Only Me" to "Friends" but the problem still exists after I logged out of Facebook and went all the way back to the Scrabble app and tried "Create New Game".

My question: If I "Remove" the Facebook Scrabble app altogether, what will I lose? Will I lose my 3-year ELO rating and other stats for the sake of being able to "Create New Game" from a full and complete friends list? Or will I only lose the current 12 games which I can only rematch from for 8 months now only to discover I still cannot "Create New Game"? 

Message 26 of 54 (4,875 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @FormerRBC,

No worries, uninstall/reinstall as well as un-authorizing and re-authorizing the game are basic troubleshooting steps. In both cases you won't lose any progress. Simply follow the steps detailed in this thread to troubleshoot the issue. 

Hope that helps.

Message 27 of 54 (4,852 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem on my iPad.  This is clearly an ongoing app issue as all of us who are notifying EA are not doing the same coincidentally wrong things in operating the software.  It appears EA is just being incredibly slow at fixing this issue.  Help sometime in the coming months would be appreciated.  The previous post was September ... it is now January!

Message 28 of 54 (4,663 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Even when I try to play directly in Facebook, it says specifically that five friends play this game, one of them is my wife, who I know is logged in because she is right here.  When I go to create a new game, my list of friends is entirely blank.

Message 29 of 54 (4,659 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

PLAYER_2SA2TOLB, Without any help whatsoever from EA, Scrabble itself for the past 9 months of only being able to rematch games by playing Scrabble directly from the red Hasbro app in Facebook (and from only my laptop), I have finally got back the following:

1 - I can "Create New Game" of either a 2-player option or the 3-4-player option because I can see my Facebook friends list again.

2 - I am no longer the only person to appear in the stats at the bottom of the gameboard.

I really do not know the difference between the red Hasbro Scrabble and the green Mattel Scrabble out of the apps available in Facebook. I always play from the red Hasbro app because every time I click on a green Mattel symbol, it ALWAYS brings me to the red Hasbro gameboard to play my turn in Scrabble anyway. I have reason to believe both red and green Scrabble apps need to be listed in "your games" and possibly the settings be identical. I say this because by pure happenstance I opened the green Mattel app (which led me to play my turn on the red Hasbro app) on Sunday night. Also by happenstance I "liked" Scrabble Digital page on Facebook on Sunday night and under a "Happy New Year Post" I found a comment from someone complaining about a blank friends list. In response as a solution, someone suggested she tweak her settings of the app listed under "your games". I do not know what became of me Monday morning but I went right to the "Your Games" and naturally found the red Hasbro Scrabble app but also the green Mattel Scrabble app (because I happen to click on it the night before). All to say that as fed up as I have been where EA has not been helpful, Facebook Help either nor even the Scrabble Digital "contact us", I boldly changed the settings to PUBLIC at App Visibility and changed the settings to share my contacts on BOTH the red and the green Scrabble apps. I really, really, really hope many of you find this helpful (even if it is long-winded).

Message 30 of 54 (4,637 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help