Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I cannot see my facebook friends list on scrabble app

by EA_Zoe

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I am using a nexus 9 tablet (android), he is using an android smart phone - I think a Samsung.

Neither of us has played using the scrabble app before.

I am in Ontario Canada, he is in Texas USA.

Message 11 of 54 (4,797 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

we were both logged in on facebook, he is on an iPhone, I am on an ipod touch. Strangely, on Thursday everything started working as expected, names etc just appeared in the previously blank list, and the game has begun

Message 12 of 54 (4,793 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the additional information guys. I'll pass it along to the studio (Glad to hear it eventually worked for you @Newcastle-Gnome).

Message 13 of 54 (4,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.  Wish I could discover an answer....................

Message 14 of 54 (4,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.  Have tried scrabble on facebook.com and the iOS versions on ipad and iphone.  My friends list is completely empty, even friends I know are playing - even people on the same wifi network.

I've tried the latest versions of Chrome, Safari and Firefire and reinstalled the iOS app, no luck.

Message 15 of 54 (4,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.  EA has mentioned player location and origin log in - it is nothing to do with either.  It is a bug in the game, which for me occurred suddenly (after update).  I have tried everything you have tried, messaged everywhere, scoured posts and forums but all to no avail.  

I have the paid version, always play daily but can no longer start a game with any of my many facebook scrabble friends,when i know for certain they are online at the same time as me as my list always displays that none of them are connected.

If anyone has a solution - a lot of people will be very grateful!

Message 16 of 54 (4,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here! Any luck to fix the error?

Message 17 of 54 (4,538 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is now September and I have just encountered the above problem. I became a FB friend with someone in order to play Scrabble. He loaded the app to his 3 Apple devices, Mac Pro, iPhone and iPad. He appeared on my list of available friends on Scrabble. I invited him to play. He saw the invite and clicked on it. He was directed to Scrabble and we have been able to do nothing since. There was no place for him to "accept" an invitation and when he tried to start a new game with me , no one appeared on his list. not would Scrabble recognize my name. Since then, he does not appear on my list of friends available to play Scrabble either, nor does the game recognize his name. WE have struggled with it and he even switched from Safari to Chrome to no avail. He also attempted to join Origin but during the sign up process, the captcha to prove one is human never loaded and so he was unable to complete his membership.

Message 18 of 54 (4,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I cannot access my Facebook Friends in my Scrabble (paid for several years ago) app. I have uninstalled/reinstalled. All my playing stats are gone.

Please fix this? What in the hell is Origin and why won't it recognize my account?
Message 19 of 54 (4,137 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @krrb1125,

If your stats are gone it's possible you're simply not logged with the correct account or that you're not logged into Facebook at all. Make sure the Facebook button is lit up green and says "Log out" instead of "Log in".

Also, if you've never heard of Origin, it's probable that you haven't created an account yet, which is why it won't recognize your login details.

Origin is the EA account system that allows you to manage your EA games and connect with Players on your Origin Friendslist. You can register and download the Origin client on origin.com

Hope this helps.

Message 20 of 54 (4,114 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help