Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How do I get my friends list back on Scrabble Facebook?

by litesuccess

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

How do I get my friends list back on Scrabble Facebook?

★★ Novice

It appears I have unchecked the friend list for Facebook Scrabble app permissions at some point and now I can not add it back. See the attached photo to view the check box I am referring to.

I am using desk top computer.  All of my programs are up to date on my computer.  I have logged in and out of scrabble, Facebook and my computer many times.  I have cleared the cache many times.  I have tried uninstalling the Scrabble Facebook app and re-installing.

I can not see ANY of my friends who play scrabble.  Currently,  I can only start a rematch with 2 people who I have recent games with and still show in the recent games section.   I can not invite any of my friends who do not play scrabble to start a game.  I can not start any games with friends who already play.   Not even when we are both logged into the Facebook app at the same time.   These are friends I have previously played games with but those games are no longer showing in the recent games section and I can't even start  rematch with them.   I know several people on my Facebook friends list who are in fact still playing scrabble using Facebook.   They can not find me in their list to start a game with me either.

What do I need to do to get my friends list check box back in the Scrabble Facebook permissions?
Message 1 of 9 (8,091 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re : How do I get my friends list back on Scrabble Facebook?

★★ Novice

Success!

Here's what I did:

1. removed scrabble app from facebook (and the history)

2. install scrabble mattel app (it had friends list option)

3. when I click to open the scrabble mattel app it takes me to the original scrabble app interface that I had previously installed and now removed.

4. when that app opens,  the edit info option screen opens and my friends list is there.

5. after making sure friends list is checked and saving,  it takes me back to my original scores etc in the original app.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (10,137 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @litesuccess,

Try to unauthorize the game first (Don't worry, you won't lose your score and progress). 

To do so:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Mouse over the Scrabble icon and click on Remove (Note: I'm located in Europe so I have the Mattel version of the game, you should see the Hasbro version if you're in the US)

ScrabbleRemove.PNG

2. Launch the game again. You will see a pop-up asking you to re-authorize the game.

ScrabblePermission.PNG

3. Click on the Edit the info you provide link to open the Info menu. Make sure the Friends list box is correctly ticked.

ScrabblePermission02.PNG

You should be good to go now. Standard smile

Let me know if it worked.

Message 2 of 9 (8,071 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks for your response.  I tried that already but gave it another go just now.  I tried with both the edit info when reauthorizing and then again in the facebook settings>apps>scrabble>edit settings.   The friends list option with check doesn't show in either place.

Maybe I can play the mattel version instead.  

Message 3 of 9 (8,065 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Success!

Here's what I did:

3. when I click to open the scrabble mattel app it takes me to the original scrabble app interface that I had previously installed and now removed.

4. when that app opens,  the edit info option screen opens and my friends list is there.

5. after making sure friends list is checked and saving,  it takes me back to my original scores etc in the original app.

Message 4 of 9 (10,138 Views)
Highlighted

That's quite strange @litesuccess, I believe that unauthorizing and reauthorizing the app should always bring back these options by default. Do you remember if you've changed something in your global Facebook settings? 

Regarding the version of the game, it depends of the location so it's not possible to select one over the other. From my understanding Hasbro owns the rights in America while Mattel owns the rights to Scrabble in Europe. The game is the same, only the branding change.

Message 5 of 9 (8,057 Views)
Highlighted

@litesuccess wrote:

Success!

Here's what I did:

Good news! Looks like our messages crossed each other :P

Also good to know you had access to the Mattel version. 

Message 6 of 9 (8,056 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

the mattel version will install on facebook but when I click on mattel version once installed it takes me to the other version. 

Message 7 of 9 (8,048 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Ho my… Uninstalling the app on Facebook on my Mac and reinstalling it didn't work immediately. But switching from one Web Browser with my account and another web browser with the account of my friend we finally saw each other. What was very disappointing was the fact that I saw friends but not the one I wanted to play with :D

Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (7,922 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Re : How do I get my friends list back on Scrabble Facebook?

★★ Newbie
@litesuccess How do I get scrabble to accept log in
Message 9 of 9 (50 Views)
Twitter Stream