Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Finding friends

by heuser1981

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Finding friends

★★★★ Novice
I'm having trouble finding friends on scrabble app for iOS and kindle.... When I hit the find friends button it takes me to a screen with the alphabet on the side and no search box appears... How do I connect to friends on origin?
Thank you
Message 1 of 24 (47,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Finding friends

Community Manager (retired)

It's currently not possible to add new friends from the app but you can use the Origin desktop client instead.

To install the Origin client go to origin.com and click on Download Origin.

Note: Scrabble being a mobile and Facebook game it will not appear under your Origin Game library. 

Once Origin installed on your computer, go to to top left corner and click on Friends.

OriginTopLeftCorner.PNG

Then Add a Friend.

OriginAdd a Friend.PNG

A pop-up will open. Type in the Origin ID of the person you wish to invite and click on Search.

OriginSearchforFriends.PNG

A page with their profile will open. Click on Send Friend Request.

OriginSendFriendRequest.PNG 

Once you friends have accepted the invitation and if they log into their account to play Scrabble they will appear in your opponents list.

Hope that helps!

View in thread

Message 4 of 24 (63,891 Views)

All Replies

Hi @heuser1981,

Make sure that you are logged into your Facebook or Origin account and that your friends are also logged into their account. If you are not logged in you will not see your friends.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Message 2 of 24 (47,651 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you for the reply but I need help connecting to people I have never connected to before.... All my current friends do show up in my list but my son just signed up for origin.... How do I invite a new member?
Jesse
Message 3 of 24 (47,646 Views)

It's currently not possible to add new friends from the app but you can use the Origin desktop client instead.

To install the Origin client go to origin.com and click on Download Origin.

Note: Scrabble being a mobile and Facebook game it will not appear under your Origin Game library. 

Once Origin installed on your computer, go to to top left corner and click on Friends.

OriginTopLeftCorner.PNG

Then Add a Friend.

OriginAdd a Friend.PNG

A pop-up will open. Type in the Origin ID of the person you wish to invite and click on Search.

OriginSearchforFriends.PNG

A page with their profile will open. Click on Send Friend Request.

OriginSendFriendRequest.PNG 

Once you friends have accepted the invitation and if they log into their account to play Scrabble they will appear in your opponents list.

Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 24 (63,892 Views)

Scrabble friend search

★★★★ Newbie
Can not search or invite friends
Message 5 of 24 (47,620 Views)

Add friends in Scrabble app (Android)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have downloaded and installed the Scrabble app for Android. I have created an EA account to connect with friends. However, I can't find any way to add Origin friends within the Scrabble app. The Origin FAQ says:

> Can I access Origin on PC, Mac, or on my mobile device?

Yes. Origin is available on all of those platforms. Other advantages include dual-platform play (Mac/PC) for select EA titles, and a unified (Mac/PC) My Games library. Origin features for mobile are built into supported games so there’s no need to download a standalone app.

This suggests that all functionality (including adding friends) should be accessible from in-app.

I run Debian Linux on all my machines, so can't easily use the Origin desktop client(s) as a workaround, and the linked FAQ strongly suggests that I ought to be able to add friends in-app. So:

1.   How do I add Origin friends to my EA account from the Scrabble app on Android?
  2.  If I can't, how do I report this bug? (Attempting to report it via the Contact EA form landed me here.)

I can of course provide version numbers if useful.

PS 3. you probably shouldn't offer "indent text" in the rich text editor toolbar if it's then going to be stripped out as invalid HTML -- and you probably shouldn't drop the Board selection on the floor when informing people that HTML you provided is invalid and has been stripped out, and 4. it would be really nice if hand-writing list numbers didn't lead to them being replaced by ballgame wingdings.

Additionally and furthermore, 5. it is really poor UX to take people from the Contact Us form, via a "choice" of how to contact you that actually only has one option, and dump them here (losing their question title along the way!) then call them a "noob".

Message 6 of 24 (47,624 Views)

Re: Add friends in Scrabble app (Android)

★★ Novice

WAIT I HAVE MORE THINGS TO SAY--

User names are e-mail addresses. The web client (log in, etc) permits e-mail addresses containing the legal character + (e.g. [edit: email address removed]). Attempts to log in to Origin from inside the Scrabble app for Android produce an error message about the email/password combination being incorrect, even while the same combination works perfectly in the web client. I am absolutely certain I wasn't typoing either email or password. This, again, is incredibly poor user experience.

Message 7 of 24 (47,613 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Why is it not possible to invite Facebook friends via the iOS Scrabble app?

Message 8 of 24 (47,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.  Have tried scrabble on facebook.com and the iOS versions on ipad and iphone.  My friends list is completely empty, even friends I know are playing - even people on the same wifi network.

I've tried the latest versions of Chrome, Safari and Firefire and reinstalled the iOS app, no luck.

Message 9 of 24 (47,502 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I followed all of these steps and when I search for my friend and find them, there is NO "send friend request" button to click on. It's just a profile page, with no way to actually add my friend! Now what do I do?

Message 10 of 24 (46,928 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help