Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Cant connect to server Scrabble

by nurkic27

Original Post

Re: Scrabble on Android Network Error

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, just started in the past couple of weeks.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  I can access Scrabble just fine on Verizon's 4G network and used to be able to access it on my home Wi-Fi also (AT&T Uverse is my home Internet provider).

However, I haven't been able to access Scrabble from home Wi-Fi - except very intermittently - for a while now.  As far as I know, nothing has changed on my phone or Internet provider.

I get the "Cannot connect to Server message." with "Online games are unavailable."

In fact, it JUST happened.  I got a notification (over Wi-Fi) that my opponent had played, and when I clicked on the app, suddenly I can't see the game or login to see it.

Weird?

What's going on at EA in Scrabble land these past couple of weeks?

Message 10 of 70 (4,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same exact problem. Here's a new twist. It is working fine on my husband's Android but not on mine. We have the same exact phones.
Message 11 of 70 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same error for me too. Only happens on WiFi. Works fine connected through tethering to my mobile. Kindle fire. Does it use a port that needs opening on the router?

Message 12 of 70 (2,067 Views)

Re: Cant connect to server Scrabble

★★★★ Novice

This problem began after downloadin update 5.22

Everything was fine before

Message 14 of 70 (5,048 Views)

Community Manager

@nurkic27 I'm not seeing widespread outages recently, so it looks like this is a local issue.

To start with please try restarting your device. If this has no effect try reinstalling the app. 

Message 15 of 70 (5,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dont want to lose data or forfeit by reinstalling

Message 16 of 70 (5,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue for me too (since Sunday / Monday) using a kindle. Looks like I'm still using version 5.1.1 though

Message 17 of 70 (4,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there,

I just wanted to add a "bump" to Plankton's statement: my family and friends have all been enjoying Scrabble on our Kindle Fire's for years now, but all of a sudden this last week, it starts up, but won't log into Facebook, meaning that several open games can't be continued, and the only options present being "local" games (play the computer or pass & play). I am using what I believe is the current version of the game - 5.1.1.733442. Anyone any ideas? EA bods? Help, please!

Message 18 of 70 (4,951 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_DavidThis problem for KINDLE users has been for two weeks.  The Kindle problem statements are scattered over many threads on this site. There does not seem to be a central location for folks to go. 

IOS Scrabble seems to be fixed with their latest update. An Ipad and IPhone can successfully play scrabble.

There was an email to reset passwords for EA. That resets a password for EA, but Kindle Scrabble is still not functioning.

I have two Kindles that are on Scrabble Version 5.1.1.733442

The funny thing is on the Amazon site were the Version is Version: 5.1.1.733444 (since October 2016), but that doesnt change once reinstalled. Kindles still show the 5.1.1733442.

Resetting password, delete game from device, having the  game sent back to device from Amazon purchase history, reinstalling game to Kindle, and then trying to login again still results with the same "Incorrect email or password" error. 

I have asked on other threads if someone would acknowledge there is a Kindle problem. Is this the one?

Message 19 of 70 (4,890 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still cannot sign in to Scrabble using Origin, been at least 2 weeks, now suddenly today I cannot sign in using Facebook on my Kindle Fire.  I removed game and reinstalled, but NOTHING!!!  What the devil has EA done?  I can still access my Facebook Scrabble games on my laptop, which uses Windows 10.  If I buy a EA game membership using the laptop, will I be able to access old games and old Origin friends?

Message 20 of 70 (4,885 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help