Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Scrabble 2018 June 26 error network U.S.

by alanjenney

Original Post

Re: scrabble android cannot connect to scrabble server

★★★★ Novice

I am having same problem.Am using a samsung tablet,not sure of model number

Never know if these things are device sensitive or it is a general problem

Have never had this before.It is usually just a one off thing and I reload the ap and all is well

When you need to install updates does it usually alert you or do you have to go to the google play page?I dunno where you would look on there

Message 41 of 70 (2,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am in UK and having same problem

maybe everyone is having it.I hope so

Please get us back on there EA

Message 42 of 70 (2,545 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to server

★★★★ Newbie
About 24 hours now. Hope EA sees the problem soon.
Message 43 of 70 (2,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here in Northern UK.  Issue is definitely EA's end

Message 44 of 70 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Southeast UK, same problem as the rest of you, but I've had this problem on and off for a couple of weeks. Now it seems permanent.
Message 45 of 70 (2,515 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I am also experiencing this issue with the EA SCRABBLE app on Android.  No online games available since 2018-06-26.

I have tried clearing all data and cache, tried reinstalling the game from the Play Store, tried re-authorising the connection with Facebook.  The game is unable to log in to either the EA server or the Facebook server and cannot even start a game against the CPU. 

A few symptoms and a description of the problem below if this helps with diagnostics...

Adverts load okay at the bottom of the games list screen and other programs work fine on the device, so this appears to be a problem specific to connecting to the game servers rather than the network in general on the phone. 

All New Game actions result in the "no network" flag coming up and the message "Cannot connect to the game server.  Online games are unavailable.".  Attempts to log in to servers "Network Error", "There seems to be a problem connecting to the network.  You may experience reduced functionality as a result."

My games are available through the Facebook Gamesroom or website, but I always play on the mobile app.

Message 46 of 70 (2,489 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We have the same problem in Germany. Seems to be a worlwide problem.

Message 47 of 70 (2,469 Views)

Re: Cant connect to server Scrabble

★★★★ Newbie

Me too!!  Scrabble app on android using facebook to log in.  Cant log in with Origin either.  Can only play using facebook on desktop computer.

Message 48 of 70 (2,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, we merged multiple threads on this issue and we'll posts any updates here. As of June 27th we're looking into the reports of issues affecting folks who aren't able to connect to the server in the Android version of Scrabble. 

Thank you for the posts, we will update you when we have any news. 

EDIT: This has now been confirmed fixed!

If you encounter any connectivity issues please let us know and we will investigate. 

Message 49 of 70 (19,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another scrabble outage?  Seems to be a repeat occurrence every so often.  Count me into the millions probably that have Android platforms.  Last time it was out for days with ALL games in progress being forfeited.  I expect nothing but the the same from EA this time.  Thanks.

Message 50 of 70 (2,422 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help