Cant connect to server Scrabble

by nurkic27

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cant connect to server Scrabble

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I downloaded the latest update to Scrabble and it now says it cant connect to server, online games are unavailable.

Whats the solution?

Message 13 of 70 (20,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant connect to server Scrabble

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, we merged multiple threads on this issue and we'll posts any updates here. As of June 27th we're looking into the reports of issues affecting folks who aren't able to connect to the server in the Android version of Scrabble. 

Thank you for the posts, we will update you when we have any news. 

EDIT: This has now been confirmed fixed!

If you encounter any connectivity issues please let us know and we will investigate. 

View in thread

Message 49 of 70 (17,987 Views)

All Replies

Scrabble on Android Network Error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

"Cannot connect to the server, some features will be unavailable"; "network error"--with facebook logo beside it.

Out of the blue since yesterday I have received this error and cannot connect whatsoever to scrabble. The facebook logo with network error beside it is on the menu screen, but I do not use facebook to login, i login through origin.

Has anyone had this issue and how is it resolved?

So far I have tried to no avail: updating the application, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, shutting off and restarting my phone, turning off adblock plus completely on my phone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 1 of 70 (19,852 Views)

Re: Scrabble on Android Network Error

Community Manager (retired)

Hi  @jonvictor44,

Not sure what is happening here. Try to un-authorize and re-authorize the application maybe?

To do so:

1. Go to your Facebook app page > Settings > Apps
  2. Click the X symbol beside your SCRABBLE app and select Remove app.
  3. Add the game again from the SCRABBLE app page.

ScrabbleRemoveApp.png

Note: You will not lose any progress. 

Let us know if it worked.

Message 2 of 70 (19,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I cannot uninstall it from my favebook app as it is not in my facebook, it is separate from facebook, I login through origin. I have the facebook app on my phone, I went into settings as you said and there is no scrabble there.
Message 3 of 70 (19,831 Views)

Thanks for the additional info @jonvictor44. Now I understand why you mentioned the Facebook logo in your first message even though you're not playing Scrabble with your Facebook account. I've turned Flight mode on my phone and I see what you see now.

What network are you using? Wifi or 3G/4G? Have you checked if Flight mode is not turned on by mistake? Can you try using an alternative network (at a friend's house or a coffee place for instance).

Message 4 of 70 (19,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Zoe,

I've learned that this is only happening when connected to wifi; I have tried playing while connected to both my home and work wifi networks and they both present the same problem. But when on my cell carrier 4G the game works perfectly fine. 

I don't know why playing on wifi would present any issues as network settings have not changed at my workplace nor home; also, I have disabled the popup-blocker which I previously used on my phone with no issues while scrabble was running simultaneously, and this does not fix the issue.

Message 5 of 70 (19,819 Views)

That's really strange @jonvictor44. If it was only happening at your home I would suggest to reset your router but since it's also happening at work I guess it's safer to check your device settings. Try disabling any power saving mode for instance as they sometimes restrict access to wifi.

Message 6 of 70 (19,815 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any fix for this? Same issue here on my LG G3 and also on my Dell tablet.

Message 7 of 70 (19,602 Views)

Hi @bcfireguy,

That's a fairly old thread and jonvictor44 didn't  come back so I would suggest to try the solutions discussed as they may have used this user.

Message 8 of 70 (19,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi bcfireguy,

I never resolved it, literally nothing they said was any help. I tried power saving mode off etc, reset router, reset phone net settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Message 9 of 70 (19,502 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help