Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Cannot change login

by larrycr47

Original Post

Cannot change login

★ Novice

I have been using the Scrabble app on an iPad Pro. A few days ago my wife wanted to play her games on it so I logged off Scrabble and she logged in. When she was done playing I logged her off and tried to log myself in again. When I do so it tells me that "You previously logged in to SCRABBLE with Facebook. Would you like to continue?". At that point I can continue and end up still logged in as my wife, or I can cancel the login. There is no opportunity to enter my own credentials.

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled and have rebooted the iPad. Nothing seems to make a difference. How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)

Re: Cannot change login

★ Novice

I tried another thing - went into my wife's Facebook and deauthorized (removed) Scrabble. When I tried the login again on the iPad the same thing happened - I could either let it resume the login to her FB account, or cancel the login. If I let it login then her Scrabble worked normally. As if FB just ignored the removal.

How can I fix this?

Message 2 of 4 (230 Views)

★ Novice

Going through the "Contact Us" path and choosing Technical Support leads me to this forum. Close to a week later there is no support. I am not impressed.

Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)

★ Novice

No thanks to EA, who supposedly runs this "no technical support" forum, I have the problem fixed. I had to deactivate my wife's account before the Scrabble app on my iPad would let me enter new login information.

Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help