Re: account issues

by Sabouma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

account issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am trying to get into my SWTOR account, but my present password won't work, and if I try to reset it, I get the message that an error has occurred.

What am I supposed to do now? This is as vague as can be

Message 1 of 6 (741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@Sabouma 

See if you can reset the password either from the launcher or from another browser.  If you are still receiving an error, there may be an issue with your account.  If that is the case, you will need to call customer service as per here.  If you use Skype or WhatsApp, you can call for free or at a discounted rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (716 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Sabouma 

See if you can reset the password either from the launcher or from another browser.  If you are still receiving an error, there may be an issue with your account.  If that is the case, you will need to call customer service as per here.  If you use Skype or WhatsApp, you can call for free or at a discounted rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 6 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Already tried doing this from another browser, did not work AKA had same effect. I refuse to call abroad, that's way too expensive....

okay... bye bye SWTOR account I guess.... damn idiots.... why not have support through e-mail.... thanks for nothing.... 

Message 3 of 6 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sabouma 

They do have an email at support@swtor.com however if it's an account or billing related issue they will generally advise you to call.  For security purposes they don't assist with billing or account issues via email or the forums.

That's why I advised to use a VoIP program like Skype or WhatsApp since it uses the internet to make the calls which may be free or at a discounted rate.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 6 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, that's not good then.... as said I don't like calling abroad, since it's expensive.... 

Message 5 of 6 (613 Views)

@Sabouma 

i am in Australia and it costs me $2 an hour to call the UK support line with skype if that makes it cheaper for you

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 6 (610 Views)